> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

24 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Because Atlanta has a lot of contracts coming up. and Pitts is gonna want more then what ATL is prolly going to be able to offer. 

Do you not think Goedert is gonna get paid also? Where's the logic here?  

• Like 1

Feels like we're also ignoring the fact that Goedert is one of the better blocking TE's. Run blocking in particular. On a team that runs a lot. Particularly in "and-1" or "and goal" situations.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Considering him not top 10 certainly qualifies.  We're talking about him like he's some also ran that is easily replaceable.  

I don't know if anyone has called him not top 10. He is a very good TE, maybe not top 5 anymore but certainly top 10. 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I would also take a look at a possible Goedert for Pitts trade.

Add another Nickel to the "I'm glad IrishHooligan ain't out GM" jar.

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

You do realize Goedert has never ranked higher than 14th among TE's in targets right? Which shouldn't come as a shock when he started his career playing behind Ertz, we have 2 #1 WR's that eat targets, and a QB that they utilize like a goalline back.  What Goedert is is efficient.  In terms of efficiency rankings he's consistently been among the top 5 TE's in the league.  Save for last year he usually makes the most of the targets he does get.  His health is a major red flag and has to be considered when it comes to giving him a 3rd contract, but yeah I'm not getting this Goedert hate.

It's his new person to focus his random hate on now that Rodney McLeod is gone.

IrishHooligan's thought process:

"All these draftnik's and PFF have been telling me for years that Goedert is gonna be the next big thing"

"Why doesn't he have 10 TDs and 1000 yards every year???"

"Overrated"

37 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No he's not. He's gonna be paid significantly less then Pitts. Majorly less bcuz of his age. He'll be 30 come playoffs

I feel like you don't understand how NFL contracts work 😂 

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't see us retaining Goedert beyond 2025. We'll either take a guy at like 120 this year, or day 2 next year.

I go back and forth.  I can see the Eagles doing a short extension and I could also see them taking a TE on day 2 or early day 3.

48 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't see us retaining Goedert beyond 2025. We'll either take a guy at like 120 this year, or day 2 next year.

If he stays healthy this year I could see us extending him one more time. He has to play a full season or close to it though. His health has always been his biggest issue.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

You definitely seem to tunnel vision on the stats and seem like the box score fiend to me. Jalen Hurts doesn't suck because he only threw for 23 TD last year. 

It's to the go to stat for all Hurts haters! Nevermind  the fact 38 GD TD is nothing to sneeze about. 

What for it......What for it......

But most of those were on QB Speaks!!!!! 🖕🖕

2 hours ago, Danger said:

So you don't see us keeping Goedert past next season but drafting his 5 yr replacement,  the singular best TE prospect to come out in a decade which included Kule Pitts isn't worth a Top 15-20 pick? 

Gotcha!!👌👌