2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

High guys things are not looking

Good here.

Your pick could be a all world tackle

Or maybe just go wide receiver 1,2,and 3 that way next year you would only be a tackle and a trade for a book end to Anderson. 

That said you guys made the most 1 sided trade in the history of the nfl.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

High guys things are not looking

Good here.

Your pick could be a all world tackle

Or maybe just go wide receiver 1,2,and 3 that way next year you would only be a tackle and a trade for a book end to Anderson. 

That said you guys made the most 1 sided trade in the history of the nfl.

Sup buddy! Yeah, sorry the trade isn't working out for you. Specifically you, I'm happy leshaun isn't doing well.

It's a real good draft for T and WR - I don't think T is a need though, both Tunsil and Howard are signed long term and better than average (they're just hurt right now). WR looks to be deep as well, but the Texans WRs look really good right now. That can change, but I think this group is good. 

Really, the spots I'm looking at are IDL, edge and CB/S hybrid types. This is a very shallow class for that, though. 

Take care, boss! 
dog-skills.gif

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sup buddy! Yeah, sorry the trade isn't working out for you. Specifically you, I'm happy leshaun isn't doing well.

It's a real good draft for T and WR - I don't think T is a need though, both Tunsil and Howard are signed long term and better than average (they're just hurt right now). WR looks to be deep as well, but the Texans WRs look really good right now. That can change, but I think this group is good. 

Really, the spots I'm looking at are IDL, edge and CB/S hybrid types. This is a very shallow class for that, though. 

Take care, boss! 
dog-skills.gif

If you go tackle you can save salary cap money.

Plus if you get 2 number 1 wrs you would be a threat to go deep into

The playoffs with key position players on rookie contracts for 5 years. 

Texans are currently projected to have the 14th pick (goes to AZ) and Cleveland has the 16th pick right now. Hopefully we keep trending in the right direction and end up with 7-8 wins this season and Cleveland keeps falling apart. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Texans are currently projected to have the 14th pick (goes to AZ) and Cleveland has the 16th pick right now. Hopefully we keep trending in the right direction and end up with 7-8 wins this season and Cleveland keeps falling apart. 

7-8 wins is the floor IMO.

Honestly I could see 11-12 (I know homer) but the schedule is sooooft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

I'm also sort of recalibrating my thoughts on 7-8 wins. These last wins? They just *feel* different, you know? I can't recall a situation where the opposing team started mounting momentum and the Texans thoroughly punched back with bad intentions... but we have two examples of that in two weeks:

- At Jax: Lawrence makes a nice throw to Christian Kirk on a coverage lapse. I've seen this before, this is when Jacksonville comes back and makes it competitive, possibly a single score game, right? Nope! A damn FULLBACK takes a KR 85 yards for a score, defense holds and forces a punt, then Stroud to tank on a similar coverage lapse. Ballgame.

- Vs Pitt: Najee Harris starts getting warm, breaking off chunk runs. Yeah, we've seen 'Bama RBs do this before (Derrick Henry might get a gold jacket because of it) but the defense holds! Twice! Then Stroud to Nico for the dagger! Ballgame! 

For the past 20 years, I've never seen this team land a counterpunch when they've started giving up momentum. They just get punched a few times and it's suddenly a dogfight. Now? I've seen this franchise start giving up momentum... and then suddenly POW! they throw the knockout blow. I don't know what this is, I've never seen this before and I know I like it SO much. Moreso than any period in this teams' history.

This. Feels. Different. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm also sort of recalibrating my thoughts on 7-8 wins. These last wins? They just *feel* different, you know? I can't recall a situation where the opposing team started mounting momentum and the Texans thoroughly punched back with bad intentions... but we have two examples of that in two weeks:

- At Jax: Lawrence makes a nice throw to Christian Kirk on a coverage lapse. I've seen this before, this is when Jacksonville comes back and makes it competitive, possibly a single score game, right? Nope! A damn FULLBACK takes a KR 85 yards for a score, defense holds and forces a punt, then Stroud to tank on a similar coverage lapse. Ballgame.

- Vs Pitt: Najee Harris starts getting warm, breaking off chunk runs. Yeah, we've seen 'Bama RBs do this before (Derrick Henry might get a gold jacket because of it) but the defense holds! Twice! Then Stroud to Nico for the dagger! Ballgame! 

For the past 20 years, I've never seen this team land a counterpunch when they've started giving up momentum. They just get punched a few times and it's suddenly a dogfight. Now? I've seen this franchise start giving up momentum... and then suddenly POW! they throw the knockout blow. I don't know what this is, I've never seen this before and I know I like it SO much. Moreso than any period in this teams' history.

This. Feels. Different. 

Definitely starts with Meco. But we have playmakers all across the team. CJ, Nico, DP, Tank, Pitre, WAJ, Greenard, Ward

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

I can easily see 10-11 wins this season if Stroud continues to play this well. There's not a team left on the schedule left that the Texans cant beat if the team stays healthy and continues to improve. Stroud's been quite impressive.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I feel like we’ve bought too much into the hype. I’m still not sure we are any good. We’ve had 2 disasters and 3 dominances. 

we are finally favored in a game this week, so let’s see how we respond to that. 

When national pundits and QB guru's are all raving about you, it's not hype. Stroud is the real deal. Slowik is too. Yes, the Ravens game was a disaster, but credit Slowik for scrapping his game plan and reengineering the offense to fit what fits the team best, plus all the extra help he's scheme up with chips on the edge for the mash unit OL. Defensively, you cant underestimate the absence of Pitre and Ward, especially when you see how well they played together last week vs Pit. Meco is coaching up these young LBs and they're making significant strides.  I get being hesitant with the franchises past, but this is different. Add in that our schedule is incredibly week. Like top 3-5 easiest in the league. Just looking back at the prior 2 years, we were in some games with some **** coaching. Now we have that in place, plus a franchise QB. Embrace it, Pastor! 

4 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

When national pundits and QB guru's are all raving about you, it's not hype. Stroud is the real deal. Slowik is too. Yes, the Ravens game was a disaster, but credit Slowik for scrapping his game plan and reengineering the offense to fit what fits the team best, plus all the extra help he's scheme up with chips on the edge for the mash unit OL. Defensively, you cant underestimate the absence of Pitre and Ward, especially when you see how well they played together last week vs Pit. Meco is coaching up these young LBs and they're making significant strides.  I get being hesitant with the franchises past, but this is different. Add in that our schedule is incredibly week. Like top 3-5 easiest in the league. Just looking back at the prior 2 years, we were in some games with some **** coaching. Now we have that in place, plus a franchise QB. Embrace it, Pastor! 

oh I am full on board the Stroud hype train, I was on that before we drafted him. I am referring to our team as a whole, and even with Stroud, hes gonna hit the rookie wall at some point. I am just hesitant to say 10-11 wins are possible this season, but the schedule is super easy. I am for sure wrong about my 3-5 wins prediction. 

I also expect Strouds number to slow down as our o-line comes back. We should be able to run the ball more and not have to throw as much. 

So - a topic I've been hearing lately is a need at RB. Yes, we know Dameon Pierce is here and we all love his attitude and his running style.

This being said, there's a belief by many who follow the team that he's simply not a good fit for the offense; Our blocking schemes and run philosophy is heavily based on a ZBS "one cut and go" look we're familiar with during the Gary Kubiak days (back when Kyle Shanahan himself was on this staff). Pierce is a RB that runs to a hole with bad intentions, not the type of player who goes "one cut and go". Pierce has value as a change of pace power back in this system, but as an every down bellcow? Notsomuch.

Given this - does anyone have any specific RB in the college ranks that fits a ZBS?