2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

21 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Saw sites saying we could get Justin fields for our 2nd rounder #44

would y’all do it?

i think i do it, only pause is that hell have to be paid in a year. but worth the gamble imo. surround him with talent design an offense ot his strengths and see if hes the man. No one at #13 will have his upside at QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i think i do it, only pause is that hell have to be paid in a year. but worth the gamble imo. surround him with talent design an offense ot his strengths and see if hes the man. No one at #13 will have his upside at QB.

If he plays average, you pay him and get stuck for years with average QB play. It’s a huge trap. A trap dumb teams fall for. We are a dumb team though…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

If he plays average, you pay him and get stuck for years with average QB play. It’s a huge trap. A trap dumb teams fall for. We are a dumb team though…

if hes average you can keep looking or not resign him at all. If he booms you have a QB of the future for a 2nd round pick. 

Just now, Geezy said:

if hes average you can keep looking or not resign him at all. If he booms you have a QB of the future for a 2nd round pick. 

We are a dumb team and will give him a loaded 4 year contract for average QB play. Dude, we gave Carr two huge contracts for average QB play. We are a dumb franchise. You’re not taking that into account. 

24 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

We are a dumb team and will give him a loaded 4 year contract for average QB play. Dude, we gave Carr two huge contracts for average QB play. We are a dumb franchise. You’re not taking that into account. 

We have a new regime, things change. 

I’ll trade up to 2 

1st 2nd 2024

1st in 2025 3rd 2025

draft maye or Caleb….

have a stud cost control QB for the next 5 years. Would have to be smart and active in free agency 

Edited by Humble_Beast

If we were going for Fields, I'd rather it was for a 3rd, but I think someone will send a 2nd.

I could live with him as QB for the next couple of years, tbh. He's not perfect but we're in such a tough spot this offseason unless we try some crazy trade up into the top 3 picks.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is exactly what I've been saying. 

If Fields has good to decent play, we're going to pay him and that's right around the corner. We're not going to rent him for 1 year. 

He's been bad. Plain and simple. And he plays the most expensive position. He could rebound here for a year, everyone would talk about him being even better moving forward, we start losing our offensive talent to cap issues, and Fields remains a expensive Tyler Huntley. 

It is a no-win situation for the Raiders to take him on with his contract.

If Chicago cut him, I'd sign him to a cheap 2-3 year deal, sure. But no way I'm trading for him on his current deal without getting something back. We'd just be taking on Chicago's headache. 

• Like 2