2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I like Rattler a lot, I think he’s gonna be a solid pro. In a perfect world I’d take him in round 3. However, I’m warming up to round 2

I'm in the same boat, the talent is there and I could see him beating out AOC

11 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

JJ is 100% going Top 15. People saying 2nd Round never learn from their mistakes and think project QB’s should never go in the 1st. Project QB’s absolutely deserve to go in the 1st. JJ’s potential is Top 5-6 on the league type potential. 

McCarthy doesn't really have overwhelming traits, though. He certainly doesn't have better traits than Will Levis last year. This isn't a situation where you have a Richardson, Allen, or Herbert type prospect who has beyond ideal physical traits. I think he will go first round because of his age, he checks all the general physical tools, and his limited film, but he's definitely not a lock to go top 15.

I'm not really turned off by Nix or Penix having bad weeks so far at the Senior Bowl. I viewed them as late first/early second round picks before this week and still hold that view as this week has progressed. It seems like we always have this conversation about how too much emphasis is put on the pre-draft process but never actually follow through on deemphasizing it.

Otherwise, it seems like Jackson Powers-Johnson may be in play as a mid/late first rounder. He might be the interior offensive lineman the Raiders have needed to emerge this year.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Its trade up or draft a tackle

In a world where Maye/McCarthy/Daniels are gone by #13 and Joe Alt is still there, I'd be down. A good-to-great O-Line is never overrated, and we wouldn't have to worry about the position for another 8-to-9 years

• Like 4

Trevondre Sweat.... What a FN mountain of a human. He's putting seniors absolutely on their heels trying to stop him in one on ones.  There's more to see from him and he hasn't just caught our staffs eye.  I really feel like that MAN could push our defense to another level when put next to Tyree, Maxx and Malcolm.  

Reminds me of Haloti Ngata A LOT.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

In a world where Maye/McCarthy/Daniels are gone by #13 and Joe Alt is still there, I'd be down. A good-to-great O-Line is never overrated, and we wouldn't have to worry about the position for another 8-to-9 years

It seems likely that Fuaga and/or Latham will be there. Both played right tackle and it seems Fuaga is considered to be within earshot of Alt and Fashano in terms of talent. The Raiders' real need is at guard, though, and Jackson Powers-Johnson seems like a candidate in the middle first after a strong showing at the Senior Bowl.

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

It seems likely that Fuaga and/or Latham will be there. Both played right tackle and it seems Fuaga is considered to be within earshot of Alt and Fashano in terms of talent. The Raiders' real need is at guard, though, and Jackson Powers-Johnson seems like a candidate in the middle first after a strong showing at the Senior Bowl.

If we go RT, though, we have guys that can bump inside. Munford has played RG before, and I'm willing to guess him not doing so yet has more to do with depth at RT than anything else. 

• Like 1

Washington just hired a defensive coach. I could a good opportunity to trade up 2.  Quinn could be interested in trading to build up his defense.  Could be a win/ win

we can’t settle for a okay QB prospect. We need someone who change the franchise. A QB who can battle Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Burrow, Jackson

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we go RT, though, we have guys that can bump inside. Munford has played RG before, and I'm willing to guess him not doing so yet has more to do with depth at RT than anything else. 

That’s why he was a 7th round pick lol. He sucked his last year at Ohio State as a guard. He was great at tackle tho

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Washington just hired a defensive coach. I could a good opportunity to trade up 2.  Quinn could be interested in trading to build up his defense.  Could be a win/ win

we can’t settle for a okay QB prospect. We need someone who change the franchise. A QB who can battle Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Burrow, Jackson

I do not think Washington hiring Quinn makes 2 any more available than if they hired an offensive coach. Washington is coming out with a quarterback hell or high water. Chicago is still the best bet for a trade.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Totty said:

Trevondre Sweat.... What a FN mountain of a human. He's putting seniors absolutely on their heels trying to stop him in one on ones.  There's more to see from him and he hasn't just caught our staffs eye.  I really feel like that MAN could push our defense to another level when put next to Tyree, Maxx and Malcolm.  

I love Sweat. Can’t discount the fact that Lawrence did wonders for Graham’s defense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

McCarthy doesn't really have overwhelming traits, though. He certainly doesn't have better traits than Will Levis last year. This isn't a situation where you have a Richardson, Allen, or Herbert type prospect who has beyond ideal physical traits. I think he will go first round because of his age, he checks all the general physical tools, and his limited film, but he's definitely not a lock to go top 15.

I'm not really turned off by Nix or Penix having bad weeks so far at the Senior Bowl. I viewed them as late first/early second round picks before this week and still hold that view as this week has progressed. It seems like we always have this conversation about how too much emphasis is put on the pre-draft process but never actually follow through on deemphasizing it.

Otherwise, it seems like Jackson Powers-Johnson may be in play as a mid/late first rounder. He might be the interior offensive lineman the Raiders have needed to emerge this year.

As I've been saying he reminds me of Alex Smith, cool to see Daniel Jeremiah give him that comp too.

I don't think JJ has the tools to be "elite" but he has the tools to be in like the above average tier of QBs in the NFL if he pans out.

10 hours ago, Totty said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/tvondre-sweat-senior-bowl-nfl-draft-texas-longhorns-college-football

no better way to describe it than the headlines  “Crushes opponents like folding chairs.”

No way he lasts to our 2nd. We don’t do some draft day magic to get our QB of the future, this is my dude.

Imagine going after one of those elite DT in FA and pairing the two up. Jones and Sweat in the middle of our defense with Crosby and Koonce off the edges…  we’d be catapulted into the upper echelons of D’s immediately. 

Edited by 101Raider