2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm never one that wants to sell the farm, but if it's the right QB then it's worth it. I'm on board with either Maye, Daniels or McCarthy. Williams I've been hesitant due to personality but the kid is talented. 

The more I think about, the more Williams’ personality bothers me. I know he hasn’t done anything crazy, crazy, but he kind of seems like a diva. I don’t really like that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

When you want to find out who's riskier, you also have to take to account the personality of those guys.

These days with NIL money it it could be a bit better, but you still have 22-24 year olds that get millions of dollars all of a sudden though.

Who's the one with the besser risk of getting Henry Ruggs 2.0?

Sure but thats a 1st round problem; not a 2nd round problem.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

The more I think about, the more Williams’ personality bothers me. I know he hasn’t done anything crazy, crazy, but he kind of seems like a diva. I don’t really like that.

Welcome to the club. 🙋🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Think about this: McCarthy played 3 more games and threw 67 less passes for 195 less yards. That's also with a 10x better team(best in college football).

Let's say he Michigan didn't make the playoffs so we removed his post season stats that means he would have..

257 Att(142 less than rattler)

2483 yrds(703 less than rattler)

19 Tds(the same amount as rattler) 

Sure he threw 4 less int but that's what happens you throw the ball 100+ less times: it lowers the probability that you can turn the ball over(especially when you're on the best team in college football.

You can get Rattler in the second round( though I believe when it's anll set annd done he'll be a late 1st rounder) and McCarthy can go as early as the top 10. Which one is riskier?

Rattler by a mile. Anyone that took time and watched Rattler knows he has serious red flags and they’re being glossed over by a good senior bowl. I wouldn’t take him before the fourth round. Period. Anyone taking Rattler in the first is in for a very bad time imo. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What about jj mental I heard he deals with depression and that’s why he got into meditation. 

Dealing with depression is ok. Several NFL players do. Maxx has even talked about it. I’m not going to judge the kid on that. 

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sure but thats a 1st round problem; not a 2nd round problem.

With McCarthy you're drafting him for what he can be, not what he currently is as a QB.

He's 20 years old and is quite raw but the tools are there to have him grow into a top tier QB.  It will take time, as I think whoever drafts him should sit him for nearly the whole year.  

Whoever drafts him is getting a 20 year old with above average arm talent, accurate, athletic, good mechanics, good under duress, High football IQ and ran a pro style O in college.  

If he lands in the right situation with good coaching stability and has time to sit/grow he could pose great value in the mid 1st.  The team that drafts him has to be patient but if they play it right they will have a very good pro on their hands. 

• Like 3

This needs to have a franchise altering draft.  We need an influx of young talent if we want to contend in the tough AFC west over the next five years.  

if I was GM I would deal Adams this offseason for a late 1st.  I would take McCarthy at 13, B. Murphy (late 1st from Adams) and T. Franklin WR from Oregon with our 2nd.  If McCarthy is gone at 13 I would go best CB available like Arnold or Wiggins.  

as soon as i started seeing Byron Murphy mocked to us at 13 is when i instantly and steadfastly moved into the trade whatever it takes (but negotiate wisely) to move up and get a QB camp.  

i think this will be like most years where we’re picking 1-3 picks outside of the top tier or two of talent and staying where we are is a bad idea.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

as soon as i started seeing Byron Murphy mocked to us at 13 is when i instantly and steadfastly moved into the trade whatever it takes (but negotiate wisely) to move up and get a QB camp.  

i think this will be like most years where we’re picking 1-3 picks outside of the top tier or two of talent and staying where we are is a bad idea.  

I want to trade up or down 

• Like 1

McCarthy at 13. It will be the best decision this franchise has made in ages. His potential is through the roof. Why are certain fans box scouting? Why is the internet lazy? Look at the guy play. He can extend plays at an elite level. He can throw on the run at an elite level. And still something people don't understand... throwing with anticipation and throwing WR's open is an Elite QB trait and McCarthy has it. This is something good but not great QB's can't do... Cousins, Dak, Carr, Ryan (when he played), Lamar, Hurts, Goff... none of them can do this. 

McCarthy has Franchise/Elite QB written all over him if the right staff develops him. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 12:13 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't care about the senior bowl. I watched the games.

He was outstanding on 3rd and 4th down. So call him a game manager if you want but he's super athletic and throws on the run at a near elite level at only 20 years old.

I'm not talking about Rattler here. No one is saying reach on a player. But qb is different and if the guy can be a franchise QB, you take them no matter where you are in the draft. That or remain in endless purgatory.

Anyone who calls McCarthy a game manager is a box scouter of all box scouters.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I want to trade up or down 

if we can’t for whatever reason trade up… then trading back in round 1 AND up from round 2 COULD be a good move if the board falls a certain way.

• Like 1