2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

I still like Rattler in the 3rd/4th as a developmental QB. I’m not scared off by his slow 40 time because it is well known that he isn’t an explosive athlete. Neither is Mahomes or Burrow (not saying he is close to their level). He has great arm talent and the lateral movement to escape pressure and create off script.

It’s too bad we already have AOC on the roster because I wouldn’t hate a double dip at QB in the 2nd and 4th with Penix and Rattler similar to what Washington did with RGIII and Cousins all those years ago. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Who are the "dawgs" in this class that AP will gravitate towards. I know Wiggins is not that guy for example. Newton probably is. Wish I knew what players had that dawg in them, because that is who AP is going to target.

Quinyon Mitchell / Terrion Arnold both seem like AP guys

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kendall Milton is going be a day 3 steal. Has elite burst, size, wiggle, good vision, and low mileage. Won’t break big runs but he has that elite burst to move the chains 

I know Kendall very well. Great kid with a lot of talent but injury prone, runs upright, and has terrible hands. He will be a 2-down bruiser that won’t see the field on passing downs. If he’s there in the 6th then I’m in but not before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Who are the "dawgs" in this class that AP will gravitate towards. I know Wiggins is not that guy for example. Newton probably is. Wish I knew what players had that dawg in them, because that is who AP is going to target.

That chase and FF at the goal line (twice?) say otherwise 😂

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That chase and FF at the goal line (twice?) say otherwise 😂

Gonna be a interesting draft in a good way hopefully. No more surprise head scratchers please 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gonna be a interesting draft in a good way hopefully. No more surprise head scratchers please 

I wouldn't even know how to react to a draft where we take the players expected.  We have been reaching for scrubs for decades.

• Like 1

Just now, Jerry said:

I wouldn't even know how to react to a draft where we take the players expected.  We have been reaching for scrubs for decades.

Yea almost killed my interest in the draft it’s a reoccurring bad nightmare 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kendall Milton is going be a day 3 steal. Has elite burst, size, wiggle, good vision, and low mileage. Won’t break big runs but he has that elite burst to move the chains 

What Kendall Milton are you watching? I've watched every Georgia game.

Elite burst? He's a big, slow back, runs tall wins falling forward. There is no wiggle to his game. He can run over smaller guys, but can't make people miss. He's backup/committee back who will get some short yardage carries but offers little else. 

What exactly is your definition of a "steal" anyway. You seem overuse that word.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Elite burst? He's a big, slow back, runs tall wins falling forward. There is no wiggle to his game. He can run over smaller guys, but can't make people miss. He's backup/committee back who will get some short yardage carries but offers little else. 

What exactly is your definition of a "steal" anyway. You seem overuse that word.

According to HB, a person who is eligible to play in the NFL that may or may not sign with the Raiders.  Essentially every player that can be traded for, drafted, or signed as a FA by the Raiders.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The best non QB's who could be there at 13:

Johnny Newton/Byron Murphy

Jared Verse/Dallas Turner/Latu (all are fantastic edge prospects)

Nate Wiggins/Terion Arnold

All of those guys are potential future pro-bowlers. That being said, you could easily trade down from 13 and get one of them. Which is why I'd either like to move up for a QB or move back for one of these guys.

trade down in the first land a stud CB. Trade up from 2nd and take Penix. i like that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Kendall is basically a slightly more physical but slower Latavius Murray. That’s a 6th round pick IMO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I still like Rattler in the 3rd/4th as a developmental QB. I’m not scared off by his slow 40 time because it is well known that he isn’t an explosive athlete. Neither is Mahomes or Burrow (not saying he is close to their level). He has great arm talent and the lateral movement to escape pressure and create off script.

It’s too bad we already have AOC on the roster because I wouldn’t hate a double dip at QB in the 2nd and 4th with Penix and Rattler similar to what Washington did with RGIII and Cousins all those years ago. 

You want a mid-off at QB?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

People in here pounding the table for a QB with a similar RAS score to a baked potato. 

Why do you care about RAS score for a QB? I’m sure Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning were in the bottom 10% of RAS. Weird take 

Just now, jpaulthe1st said:

Why do you care about RAS score for a QB? I’m sure Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning were in the bottom 10% of RAS. Weird take 

lol if only RAS score was the only problem with Rattler. He’s a head case, he’s terrible on the field more often than not, and he’s not even got plus athleticism. The better question is why you even think he’s worth a draft pick.