2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

lol if only RAS score was the only problem with Rattler. He’s a head case, he’s terrible on the field more often than not, and he’s not even got plus athleticism. The better question is why you even think he’s worth a draft pick. 

Zero character issues at South Carolina. He also played behind a porous OL in the toughest Conference in the country yet still put up respectable stats and had a few incredible games. And athletically, he was the starting PG on a state championship winning high school basketball team so he is definitely a good athlete (just not explosive). 

He’s not a perfect prospect but if Aidan O’Connell and Connor Cook are worth a 4th then Spencer Rattler is worth a 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Zero character issues at South Carolina. He also played behind a porous OL in the toughest Conference in the country yet still put up respectable stats and had a few incredible games. And athletically, he was the starting PG on a state championship winning high school basketball team so he is definitely a good athlete (just not explosive). 

He’s not a perfect prospect but if Aidan O’Connell and Connor Cook are worth a 4th then Spencer Rattler is worth a 3rd. 

I’m not just talking head case in his off the field stuff (which is still an issue, I don’t trust him in Vegas). He is a head case on the field. Will easily melt down and folds under pressure. Agree to disagree but the more the process plays out the more undraftable he becomes to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

trade down in the first land a stud CB. Trade up from 2nd and take Penix. i like that. 

Yessir, especially if we shore up the trenches smartly in FA. this is kinda what I've been advocating. The only exception for me MIGHT be if turner fell into our laps, but if Denver can't get a qb and turner is there, I'd bet every cent I have they ****** him up unfortunately.  Yes, I know we have DEs but turner at 13 WOULD be a STEAL! IMO.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I know Kendall very well. Great kid with a lot of talent but injury prone, runs upright, and has terrible hands. He will be a 2-down bruiser that won’t see the field on passing downs. If he’s there in the 6th then I’m in but not before. 

He has flaws which is why I think he stays a late round pick. He tested like a beast besides his 40. He can be a nice thumper and out play his draft position. His ras score is elite 

Edited by Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He has flaws which is why I think he stays a late round pick. He tested like a beast besides his 40. He can be a nice thumper and out play his draft position. His ras score is elite 

I don’t disagree and would be happy if we picked him up late.

I do have to point out that his RAS score is overweighted by his height/weight. That is part of my issue with RAS score at QB/RB. A 6’2” RB with identical speed and agility is going to score higher than a 5’11” RB which leads you to believe they are more of a freak than they actually are. 

At the QB position you have somebody like Paxton Lynch that gets an artificial bump because he’s in the top .01% for height at his position. 

Height matters at some positions but not as much in others IMO 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

4 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I don’t disagree and would be happy if we picked him up late.

I do have to point out that his RAS score is overweighted by his height/weight. That is part of my issue with RAS score at QB/RB. A 6’2” RB with identical speed and agility is going to score higher than a 5’11” RB which leads you to believe they are more of a freak than they actually are. 

At the QB position you have somebody like Paxton Lynch that gets an artificial bump because he’s in the top .01% for height at his position. 

Height matters at some positions but not as much in others IMO 

That’s true 

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Let me guess..... it's because he knew all the plays right? Even though it happened all season long.

The games Stalions was never involved.

These are third down conversions where JJ completed a pass that resulted in a first down or better. Sacks were not included. Runs for a first were not included. Completions that didn't result in a first down were considered a loss bc there was no first down achieved (those were rare. Maybe 4)

Purdue:

6/13

PSU:

1/2

Maryland:

1/5

OSU:

1/5

Iowa:

2/8

Total:

9/33

So, yeah, looks like that could've been a factor. You're right!! Good job!

Guess I'll throw in the last two games as well.

Bama: 2/10

Washington: 0/6

Total of 11/49

Go ahead and give me your excuses. You've got a lot!!

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

trade down in the first land a stud CB. Trade up from 2nd and take Penix. i like that. 

For me it all depends on the cost to move up. Would rather get the big 3 or JJ but if it's gonna cost more than a 2nd then totally agree we gotta play the move back and trade up in the 2nd for a QB game

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

For me it all depends on the cost to move up. Would rather get the big 3 or JJ but if it's gonna cost more than a 2nd then totally agree we gotta play the move back and trade up in the 2nd for a QB game

Going to be a lot of competition to move up, so it’ll be a premium. I don’t mind either way. Multiple options to get it right imo. 

4 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Why do you care about RAS score for a QB? I’m sure Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning were in the bottom 10% of RAS. Weird take 

The modern NFL is different, most of the elite guys are able to extend plays in and outside of the pocket. Super small with terrible athleticism doesn't really tend to be a successful combo in today's league. 

4 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Looking at his character though from the Netflix series and time at Oklahoma, he doesn't strike me as a leader of men. Respectable stats? He had 37 TD / 20 INT in 25 games at South Carolina, that's about as average as it gets, even more so when you consider that 19 of those TD (over 50%) came in 5 games. 

The return on investment for QB's drafted between round 3-7 is god awful.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Trade chart says it’ll  take 13 and our 2nd to get to #6. Think that’s what it take to get a top 4 QB. 

I'd assume we'd have to pay a 20%+ premium this year because of the QB class.

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m good on a mid round QB, that may or may not be better than AOC. We need a difference maker. 

My point exactly. If the goal is to roll with mid, just roll with the mid guy you already have on the roster and improve at other spots. The goal should be to find a dynamic franchise QB we can build around for the next decade plus. The amount of people that want us to pursue guys like Wilson, Rattler, Brissett, etc. is crazy to me.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The modern NFL is different, most of the elite guys are able to extend plays in and outside of the pocket. Super small with terrible athleticism doesn't really tend to be a successful combo in today's league. 

Looking at his character though from the Netflix series and time at Oklahoma, he doesn't strike me as a leader of men. Respectable stats? He had 37 TD / 20 INT in 25 games at South Carolina, that's about as average as it gets, even more so when you consider that 19 of those TD (over 50%) came in 5 games. 

The return on investment for QB's drafted between round 3-7 is god awful.

He was not good at South Carolina. I do not understand the narrative saying he put up decent stats and decent in game film at all. I’d rather take Milton and I am not a fan of his either.