2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

13 now becomes Taliese Fuaga, JC Latham,  Terrion Arnold, Quinyon Mitchell. 

Fuaga is probably the least likely to be there out of the 4. DT, TE, DE wouldn’t make sense. 

Edited by agarcia34

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Stuck in purgatory with no QB, the Mark Davis story.

Last year with your boy was not purgatory.. it was bottom 5 in the league. 

jimmy, aka your man, is not purgatory. It is get the hell out of a contract to get him off your team.

• Like 1

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Last year with your boy was not purgatory.. it was bottom 5 in the league. 

jimmy, aka your man, is not purgatory. It is get the hell out of a contract to get him off your team.

And we won more games with him than we did with your savior Derek Carr the year before! 

Going from Carr to Jimmy to Minshew shows that you’re unserious about competing.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

And we won more games with him than we did with your savior Derek Carr the year before! 

Going from Carr to Jimmy to Minshew shows that you’re unserious about competing.

No we won 4 games with Jimmy. Sorry. 
vs a crappy what 6 with Carr. 
that is actually winning less, not sure how you are claiming Jimmy won more lol

yes downgrading at qb is never a good strategy, glad you finally see it

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

No we won 4 games with Jimmy. Sorry. 
vs a crappy what 6 with Carr. 
that is actually winning less, not sure how you are claiming Jimmy won more lol

yes downgrading at qb is never a good strategy, glad you finally see it

I’m over settling for mid at Qb

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’d still be okay with Nix or Penix. As I’ve said - I think the overall benefit to the team from even marginally improved QB play above Minshew and AOC would make a massive difference. And if they have develop beyond solid starter - then great.

I think we can add a RT in the 2nd/3rd to compete with Munford (who is pretty good prospect no?) and a RG in the 4th-ish in addition to a FA vet and then a CB with the other 2nd/3rd, I think we’re good.

We’ve still got a big chunk of change to bring in a few starter quality FAs. I think we’re in a decent position to take a punt on Nix or Penix and at 13. It’s not like we’re gonna miss out on a can’t miss prospect - as much as I like the Tackles and CBs.

I feel like we’re in a bit of a window with Tae, Crosby, Miller and Wilkins and with a number of core young players on the up. 

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

13 now becomes Taliese Fashanu, JC Latham,  Terrion Arnold, Quinyon Mitchell. 

Fashanu is probably the least likely to be there out of the 4. DT, TE, DE wouldn’t make sense. 

I think Fautanu might be in play as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't like the fact that Nix doesnt wanna throw the ball down the field. 

Deep passing stats top QBs (20+ yards):

Bo Nix: 23/44 (52.3%) | 847 yards | 12 TD | 1 INT

JJ McCarthy: 24/44 (54.5%) | 669 yards | 10 TD | 1 INT

Michael Penix: 39/92 (42.4%) | 1,348 yards | 14 TD | 6 INT

Caleb Williams: 34/66 (51.5%) | 1,342 yards | 15 TD | 2 INT

Jayden Daniels: 35/55 (63.6%) | 1,347 yards | 22 TD | 0 INT

Drake Maye: 40/85 | 1,452 yards | 13 TD | 4 INT

The more I see the more I think we take the best RT prospect at 13, and trade back into round one to land Penix.  This helps his blind side and progresses the run game.  

Also wouldn't be surprised to see us take a DT.  Tyree looked good intruder but I think we try him and Malcolm in rotation opposite Maxx again.  Kicking inside on third down.  Think Kris Jenkins in round 2/3.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Totty said:

The more I see the more I think we take the best RT prospect at 13, and trade back into round one to land Penix.  This helps his blind side and progresses the run game.  

Also wouldn't be surprised to see us take a DT.  Tyree looked good intruder but I think we try him and Malcolm in rotation opposite Maxx again.  Kicking inside on third down.  Think Kris Jenkins in round 2/3.

Resign: John Jenkins / Adam Butler

Sign: Kevin Zeitler / Adoree Jackson

Go RT at #13 and trade up for Nix / Penix

Then you could go BPA the rest of the way.

46 minutes ago, Totty said:

I am starting to lean this way as well. We take a QB regardless, but I want that 5th year option if they turn out to be good. I can definitely get behind Penix but absolutely not at #13. The right side of our OL looks to be the worst in football. We need a stud plug and play RT in the worst way. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My exact words when Derek left.  NOT jocking Derek, just merely pointing out that I called this situation last year.  I don't find good sense in getting rid of a guy before you have his replacement or at least KNOWING you're going to land his replacement.