2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

41 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Turning into an intriguing draft after the #1 pick. 

They are creating hype and everyone is creating rumors to get clicks and push their content. Happens every year. 

In the end, it will likely go as predicted from day 1: Williams, Daniels, Maye, Harrison Jr, McCarthy (to Minnesota).

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They are creating hype and everyone is creating rumors to get clicks and push their content. Happens every year. 

In the end, it will likely go as predicted from day 1: Williams, Daniels, Maye, Harrison Jr, McCarthy (to Minnesota).

True. I think WSH and NE are attempting to see how desperate teams might be to grab their QB. It is why the smoke of McCarthy potentially at #2 is coming. A few teams of hot after McCarthy. Vikings as you mentioned but also a mystery team. Perhaps the Giants 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Fast 40 time = mobility in actual games 

I know you do all of your scouting on pro days and the senior bowl I think 20-30 games of actual film is better 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fast 40 time = mobility in actual games 

I know you do all of your scouting on pro days and the senior bowl I think 20-30 games of actual film is better 

On 3/23/2024 at 11:14 AM, Jeremy408 said:

After the really good point that @raidr4life I realize that having a quarterback conversation with you is pointless because you only want who theoretically won't be available. Therefore the conversation won't be rational. Everyone else sucks in that scenario. I have nothing else to say to you about concerning these matters lol. I don't do the pipe dream conversations. 

• Like 1

I think Raiders will make a serious attempt to get pick 2 and or 3 and if it doesn't work out I'm very curious if they will be all in on Penix. With that said they might have to move up a bit after his pro day. I have a feeling Rams make a big move up and try to get him.

28 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

I think Raiders will make a serious attempt to get pick 2 and or 3 and if it doesn't work out I'm very curious if they will be all in on Penix. With that said they might have to move up a bit after his pro day. I have a feeling Rams make a big move up and try to get him.

Penix is still a day 2 pick. Him running a 4.5 shouldn't change opinion, let alone make him a top 10 pick. The tape doesn't lie. His production is awful outside structure. He might be able to scramble, but he can't create on the move. 

He's got an awkward throwing motion. Relied heavily on an all star cast of WR talent. He never dealt with pressure. Only took 31 sacks in college. Michigan exposed him. He was 3-15 when pressured for 14 yards and 2 INTs. Worse, he had no self awareness post game saying "I don’t feel like they did anything — I feel like we beat ourselves". 

They forced him to make plays and he wasn't up for the task. They threw off his timing with pressure and he had no answers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Penix is still a day 2 pick. Him running a 4.5 shouldn't change opinion, let alone make him a top 10 pick. The tape doesn't lie. His production is awful outside structure. He might be able to scramble, but he can't create on the move. 

He's got an awkward throwing motion. Relied heavily on an all star cast of WR talent. He never dealt with pressure. Only took 31 sacks in college. Michigan exposed him. He was 3-15 when pressured for 14 yards and 2 INTs. Worse, he had no self awareness post game saying "I don’t feel like they did anything — I feel like we beat ourselves". 

They forced him to make plays and he wasn't up for the task. They threw off his timing with pressure and he had no answers.

Curious - if this is your opinion of Penix and you believe the draft shakes out with 4 QBs gone top 4, with no real chance for the Raiders to get in on the action - how would you go about addressing QB? As I know you feel like now is the time to go get a QB…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Curious - if this is your opinion of Penix and you believe the draft shakes out with 4 QBs gone top 4, with no real chance for the Raiders to get in on the action - how would you go about addressing QB? As I know you feel like now is the time to go get a QB…

That reeks of desperation.  Drafting a QB out of need for a QB that doesn't deserve to go that high is a desperate move that will most certainly end terribly. 

This team still has many holes to fill and is devoid you young above average talent.  We need to build a solid foundation by getting good value via the draft so when the opportunity arises to get good value on a QBOTF we have a solid core in place which will take pressure off of the young QB to not shoulder so much of the load.  

This team is not a contender, has a ton of questions and a lot to prove.  The team has proven nothing and hasn't been relevant for over 20 years.  Reaching on a QB to fill a need is how average fans would draft, the smart move to take value when it presents itself, build a solid core of players and strike on a QB when the opportunity presents itself.  

Like I have said before if 5 QB's go in the 1st this year 3 will most likely bust, 1 will be average to above average and one above average with the potential to be a superstar.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Nix.

Taking Fuaga at 13 and then moving up for Nix where I have to. 

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That reeks of desperation.  Drafting a QB out of need for a QB that doesn't deserve to go that high is a desperate move that will most certainly end terribly. 

This team still has many holes to fill and is devoid you young above average talent.  We need to build a solid foundation by getting good value via the draft so when the opportunity arises to get good value on a QBOTF we have a solid core in place which will take pressure off of the young QB to not shoulder so much of the load.  

This team is not a contender, has a ton of questions and a lot to prove.  The team has proven nothing and hasn't been relevant for over 20 years.  Reaching on a QB to fill a need is how average fans would draft, the smart move to take value when it presents itself, build a solid core of players and strike on a QB when the opportunity presents itself.  

Like I have said before if 5 QB's go in the 1st this year 3 will most likely bust, 1 will be average to above average and one above average with the potential to be a superstar.  

I agree with everything you said(because we generally agree on the philosophy of how to build a roster)but Id take Penix at 13. 

19 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I've seen a few people question his mobility. 

That said, I'm a huge Penix guy and even I can understand the concern as it undoubtedly stems from the injuries. 

That said, he clearly moves on the rebuilt ACLs just fine- only question is for how much longer and through how much more wear and...pun intended....tear?

We get him for 5 seasons as a 1st round pick. Then Franchise him once and already have a backup in place two years before that. Build a team and maybe he wins us 1 or 2 then do NOT give him a 65 million per which is what QB's will be getting by then at this rate. A tank season with the back up and then trade 3 firsts for a QB or get a good vet. Need a team first and it's why I'd trade both Adams and Miller before the draft. Would love to get #4 with that and if QB's go 1/2/3 then a good trade down may be on the table or maybe McCarthy was one of the 3 and we get another QB. If Williams was the one who slipped he'd bring a LOT of attention to Vegas. Just need him to work on his craft in between all that attention. 

6 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

JMHO, If either Penix or Nix is available at #13, then whichever should be the pick.

I agree. I have Nix ahead of Penix, but have a feeling Den will go Nix just ahead of us.

I am confident enough that we can get a CB and oline with the other earlier round picks plus the post draft FA, which is usually good for a few solid vets. That way we can just take our guy without fear of losing out

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nix.

Taking Fuaga at 13 and then moving up for Nix where I have to. 

That would be my dream draft. Not sure I’d have the balls as a GM to not just take the QB at 13 though. You’d have to be really confident in your intel about other teams plans…

I'm leaning toward adding more talent to the team if the targeted QB is not available at 13. Teams know we're desperate and will try to screw us in a trade. Let other teams trade up for a QB, making other talent fall to us. 

IMHO I'm liking the idea of adding a unheralded QB prospect like Pratt in the 3rd and adding talent with our 1st and 2nd. Pratt competes with AOC and Minshew, and best man wins the job.

Worst case scenario is we are looking for another QB next draft, but have built a more talented roster and there are fewer QB needy teams to compete with. 

Best case scenario is one of the QB develops into a legit starter,and we still have added talent to roster.

Either way we're not trading away future draft capital which is a win.

• Like 2