2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

McCarthy, Nix for sure are first round talents.

Ewers if he comes out will make a case with his raw potential. 

2025's class has potential to be solid too given the guys who might go back to school.

With the logjam that looks to be building with QBs for this class (subject to change as the draft comes closer of course), I have to imagine quite a few are going to return to school and see what next year brings as far as potential landing spots go. 

Can't wait to see who bails and who sticks out the draft process and try to figure out why. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Just give it up already. What's worse, he's still not bad enough for us to get a top 2 qb in this draft.

That's mostly on the team as a whole. They have to much talent to draft 1 or 2 overall even with the QB playing bottom 5.

The McRaiders are in the same Carr era spot. 6-9 wins depending on circumstances. Top 10 picks, but always out of reach for the top guys. Which is why I didn't like adding Slippin' Jimmy because he's more of the same.

Kind of funny the defense is finally showing up just in time for the offense to fall apart. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

McCarthy, Nix for sure are first round talents.

Ewers if he comes out will make a case with his raw potential. 

2025's class has potential to be solid too given the guys who might go back to school.

Nix is like 25 years old, not sure if he's a first round talent. McCarthy has never impressed me at all, dude has bust written all over him.

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nix is like 25 years old, not sure if he's a first round talent. McCarthy has never impressed me at all, dude has bust written all over him.

He'll be 24, same as Penix. If what McCarthy is doing at Michigan is not impressing you, I'd like to know what is. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's big, athletic, has a huge arm, and is a huge threat in the RZ with his rushing ability. His mechanics also look excellent this year. What are you watching.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He'll be 24, same as Penix. If what McCarthy is doing at Michigan is not impressing you, I'd like to know what is. 

Throwing nothing but 10 yard suicide balls and telling his WRs to nut up or shut up like a real alpha dawg

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 4

On 10/10/2023 at 1:25 PM, big_palooka said:

Wild to think this class might have the best QB, LT, WR and TE to come out in ages. 4 all time, blue chip guys in one class. Pretty unreal. 

Very true. We all are begging for Caleb and Maye, but man if we could get Harrison Jr or Fashanu that is enormous. If we didn't take Mayer high I'd be all in on Bowers too.

There's some interesting pass-rushers as well, but unless we were to move Tyree to the interior I don't see the need.

I've heard CB McKinstry has been underwhelming. Any truth to that?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Very true. We all are begging for Caleb and Maye, but man if we could get Harrison Jr or Fashanu that is enormous. If we didn't take Mayer high I'd be all in on Bowers too.

There's some interesting pass-rushers as well, but unless we were to move Tyree to the interior I don't see the need.

Verse is unbelievable. He would have gone at least top 5 last year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Haven't watched Alabama at all this season tbh. 

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're not familiar with Pete Carmichael I take it. 

Regardless, give me neither. Moving on from Carr was fine. Replacing him with Jimmy was the equivalent of turning your dirty underwear inside out.

Agreed. One of the reasons I hated moving on from Carr. It wasn't as much with him as a player, it was the philosophy of it. Moving on for the sake of moving on is stupidity, you need to move on with a plan of action. We just dumped him with no comp and threw our hands in the air and blindly pulled in whatever is next. We'll never be able to move on with decision making like that.  Dirty underwear good analogy. 

_4Ijgz.gif

• Like 2

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's big, athletic, has a huge arm, and is a huge threat in the RZ with his rushing ability. His mechanics also look excellent this year. What are you watching.

McCarthy is leading one of the lowest volume passing offenses in the country this year. Dude had 3 interceptions in 13 pass attempts against 2-4 Bowling Green. They've played against sub-par competition all year and he has yet to light it up at all. He just looks basic and boring to me, a Ryan Tannehill type.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Agreed. One of the reasons I hated moving on from Carr. It wasn't as much with him as a player, it was the philosophy of it. Moving on for the sake of moving on is stupidity, you need to move on with a plan of action. We just dumped him with no comp and threw our hands in the air and blindly pulled in whatever is next. We'll never be able to move on with decision making like that.  Dirty underwear good analogy. 

_4Ijgz.gif

They thought they were going to get Brady. They benched Carr to prevent having to pay him if he got hurt. 

They could have rolled with Carr until things were certain and probably traded him. Instead they signaled to the league they were throwing him out. 

They played themselves.

• Like 1