2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

On 11/4/2023 at 11:26 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I'm pissed we passed on Chiefs Pacheco to draft Britain Brown. Should have skipped on drafting Zeus and Brown and landed Pacheco 

....... because you knew who he was in round 7 right? 

Easy to say these things in hindsight. 

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I do not understand the McCarthy hype. From what I've seen, he has an average to below-average NFL arm and only okay athleticism. He reminds me of Daniel Jones.

How much have you seen!?! Because those are two of the most off base statement I've seen regarding McCarthy. 

He has an absolute cannon for an arm and can rip it on the run. He has elite velocity and can make throws a lot of QBs can't. 

• Like 3

If AOC can play respectable and not look below average for the remainder of the season, it may allow us to bypass using a first on a QB and McZieg may have left us with a nice parting gift.. Sure he looks a bit combine Brady out there, body wise, but I thought he showed well.. that bomb to Tucker was a beautiful throw and the short to intermediate passes definitely had more Velo than JG but we know his arm looks shot. NYJ D gonna be a nice test for the rook! Would be nice to hit on a good first round DT/CB/LB and continue to build the D though.

I was hoping for a Harbaugh/McCarthy combo if we finished in the 6-10 pick range, but man, AP is gonna be hard to move away from if we finish .500 or better.. his identity and passion just oozes “Raider”, confident but humble, but let’s see how we battle the next 8 games. 

• Like 2

I've said this before but man I'm just not a fan of Williams mental makeup. Yes elite passing abilities, but mentally I'm getting red flags. Since the first time I watched him, the guy just screams prima Donna,  me first attitude.  I'm willing to fall on this sword. Raiders pick him and it's gona be a horrible match.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

If AOC can play respectable and not look below average for the remainder of the season, it may allow us to bypass using a first on a QB and McZieg may have left us with a nice parting gift.. Sure he looks a bit combine Brady out there, body wise, but I thought he showed well.. that bomb to Tucker was a beautiful throw and the short to intermediate passes definitely had more Velo than JG but we know his arm looks shot. NYJ D gonna be a nice test for the rook! Would be nice to hit on a good first round DT/CB/LB and continue to build the D though.

I was hoping for a Harbaugh/McCarthy combo if we finished in the 6-10 pick range, but man, AP is gonna be hard to move away from if we finish .500 or better.. his identity and passion just oozes “Raider”, confident but humble, but let’s see how we battle the next 8 games. 

I think AOC's ceiling is fairly limited tbh, he's not dynamic in any way, shape or form. A game manager type can work for a stacked team but I think you're sacrificing a lot passing on a QB this year in hopes he becomes an average starter. I want the franchise guy in the building that we can build around for the next decade.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think AOC's ceiling is fairly limited tbh, he's not dynamic in any way, shape or form. A game manager type can work for a stacked team but I think you're sacrificing a lot passing on a QB this year in hopes he becomes an average starter. I want the franchise guy in the building that we can build around for the next decade.  

I keep thinking this too, but I always come back to quarterbacks like Joe Burrow. There are a ton of NFL quarterbacks that are and have been elite based off nothing but their ability to quarterback at a high level. It's the only thing that gives me hope for AOC. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

How much have you seen!?! Because those are two of the most off base statement I've seen regarding McCarthy. 

He has an absolute cannon for an arm and can rip it on the run. He has elite velocity and can make throws a lot of QBs can't. 

It's all framing. If he balls vs ohio state and in the playoffs he's going top 5.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I keep thinking this too, but I always come back to quarterbacks like Joe Burrow. There are a ton of NFL quarterbacks that are and have been elite based off nothing but their ability to quarterback at a high level. It's the only thing that gives me hope for AOC. 

The modern game is changing though, most of the top QBs in the league are pretty mobile now with huge arms. Obviously there are some exceptions with guys like Tua and Burrow but those dudes have unreal accuracy. I'd love for AOC to become GOATed, I just have my reservations and I think passing on a potential franchise QB because of him could hurt us long term. Thankfully it looks like we have 8 more games to evaluate him going into the off-season. 

• Like 1