2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We'd be giving up picks #25, #41 & #57 for pick #10?  Nah, I'd opt to stay put.

It becomes a question of do we have enough roster space for 3 players versus just one. And picking at 10 gives us more to choose from. OTOH keeping the three picks gives us ammunition to move around as the draft unfolds to target players Gute really likes, and Gute has done a remarkable job lately finding those players. 

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

It becomes a question of do we have enough roster space for 3 players versus just one. And picking at 10 gives us more to choose from. OTOH keeping the three picks gives us ammunition to move around as the draft unfolds to target players Gute really likes, and Gute has done a remarkable job lately finding those players. 

I think you are wildly overrating the depth of this roster.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. That's why I posed it as a question. I think we stay put until the draft, but I expect some movement during the draft targeting players Gute really likes. I've been very impressed with how Gute has managed the draft lately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. That's why I posed it as a question. I think we stay put until the draft, but I expect some movement during the draft targeting players Gute really likes. I've been very impressed with how Gute has managed the draft lately. 

Gute's never been shy about moving around in the draft.  I'm sure this draft will be more of that.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Gute's never been shy about moving around in the draft.  I'm sure this draft will be more of that.

Yes, and hats off to the Packer's scouts for finding some real gems later in the draft. That's why I think Gute keeps his draft ammo to move around and draft those prospects where they're rated. One more draft like last year's and we're in great position to make a run at the Super Bowl.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Does GB need a WR/TE that badly to move pick 25 +41 +57?

**** no. I guess I just trusted he said it's close on the chart so it didn't register as a big deal

23 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We'd be giving up picks #25, #41 & #57 for pick #10?  Nah, I'd opt to stay put.

For real. I can't even think of any player we'd even want at 10.

If we want to move up to take one of the top four corners, we'd at least wait until a couple of them were taken first.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Does GB need a WR/TE that badly to move pick 25 +41 +57?

I would think it would have to be an OT for GB to make that move.  I wouldn't even be overly critical of that kind of move if Walker had been a train wreck.

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I see what he is saying, but...

-We have 2 RBs under contract:  Aaron Jones at his high number, and Ellis Merriweather.

-We have 4 safeties under contract:  Anthony Johnson Jr, Zayne Anderson, Tyler Coyle, and Zyon Gilbert.  Benny Sapp III is an ERFA and is also pretty easily retained.  

-CB is:  Jaire, Valentine, Stokes, and the other Anthony Johnson.  

We are deep at WR, TE, LB (at the moment), QB, and probably DL.  If we turn off injuries, we are probably good at OL as well.  

I don't think we should be giving up 3 premium picks for 1 though.  Those 3 picks could be a safety, RB, and OL that play significant snaps in the next couple of seasons.  The top 10 guy is fun, but only fills one hole.  And looking at where we could use help, as well as the draft class, that is probably taking OT number 3 or 4, which probably fits the softest of our roster needs at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

**** no. I guess I just trusted he said it's close on the chart so it didn't register as a big deal

If he says it makes sense on a trade chart, I believe the guy.  MOST people here aren't just making up stupid trades for the sake of it.  I don't think the Jets fan is too familiar with our roster though.  No way are we looking at a WR/TE in a trade up, especially with our talented youth.  And I would bet that he was thinking the Jets would benefit from more picks rather than high picks.  

It really isn't too terrible of an idea on paper.  I don't think it is a good deal for the Packers.  But I honestly don't think he was thinking it was a super rip off either.

• Like 1