5 round draft...

#25-Quinyon Mitchell           CB

#41-Tyler Nubin                     S

#58-Edgerrin Cooper            LB

#88-Sedrick Van Pran           IOL

#91-Braelon Allen                  RB

#126-Dominick Puni                IOL

#167-Javon Foster                  OT

Okay.  Insert a mock offseason where you cut about 15 guys, make at least two unrealistic trades, sign all the free agents, show a complete lack of knowledge concerning the salary cap, then add some Rod Marinelli.

Then you are cooking with gas.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay.  Insert a mock offseason where you cut about 15 guys, make at least two unrealistic trades, sign all the free agents, show a complete lack of knowledge concerning the salary cap, then add some Rod Marinelli.

Then you are cooking with gas.

I swear to god, if they do a site wide mock GM, and one of you bastards signs up for the Packers before Leisher sees it...

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Tperk said:

5 round draft...

#25-Quinyon Mitchell           CB

#41-Tyler Nubin                     S

#58-Edgerrin Cooper            LB

#88-Sedrick Van Pran           IOL

#91-Braelon Allen                  RB

#126-Dominick Puni                IOL

#167-Javon Foster                  OT

Damn. Foster is the only guy I DON'T know from your draftees. I've been spending waaay too much time creating my own mocks and looking at scouting reports.

Actually, the hardest pick in this draft is (surprisingly) the pick at #25. I'm struggling to find a pick there that is both realistic and gives good value.

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Damn. Foster is the only guy I DON'T know from your draftees. I've been spending waaay too much time creating my own mocks and looking at scouting reports.

Actually, the hardest pick in this draft is (surprisingly) the pick at #25. I'm struggling to find a pick there that is both realistic and gives good value.

Yah, I get the same feeling about #25.  Which is why I'm cool trading up and burning some picks, or down to accumulate more.  I don't love #25.

That safety, Nubin, is the one I'm going to keep a close eye on.  PFF gave him some pretty nice scores for his college play and he has size.  If he does well at the combine, he could easily climb on the board.

I'm also all on board the Washington LT, Fautanu train.  (And I feel like he can dominate at guard.)

It sure would be nice to get out of the first round and pull a solid to good starter in year one.

11 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It's obviously super early, but I keep thinking that based on our needs and likely available players, I'd trade out of rd 1 and go into day 2 with 6 picks in the chamber.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah, I get the same feeling about #25.  Which is why I'm cool trading up and burning some picks, or down to accumulate more.  I don't love #25.

That safety, Nubin, is the one I'm going to keep a close eye on.  PFF gave him some pretty nice scores for his college play and he has size.  If he does well at the combine, he could easily climb on the board.

I'm also all on board the Washington LT, Fautanu train.  (And I feel like he can dominate at guard.)

It sure would be nice to get out of the first round and pull a solid to good starter in year one.

I love Nubin. As far as I can tell, the only serious knock on him is his age, which we assume from draft history is something Gute cares about. However, he drafted Wyatt, so it’s not a deal breaker. Would love the pick. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I love Nubin. As far as I can tell, the only serious knock on him is his age, which we assume from draft history is something Gute cares about. However, he drafted Wyatt, so it’s not a deal breaker. Would love the pick. 

Who would your NFL comp be for him?  (Nubin)  I've not watched anything on him, just boxscore scouted him on pff.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Who would your NFL comp be for him?  (Nubin)  I've not watched anything on him, just boxscore scouted him on pff.

Call me crazy, but Derwin James. Same size. Similar versatility. He plays the run and pass well. He can play in the box or in the slot. The blogger scouts have Nubin pegged as more of a strong safety, but I think he can absolutely thrive in a scheme that uses safeties more interchangeably. He’s also a turnover magnet. 

• Like 2

Most of the time I have a real difficult time determining who I want, or who I think the Packers will take in the first round.  Later rounds are more interesting to me.  I do think I was mostly settled on: Bulaga, Sherrod, Clinton-Dix, and LVN.  The biggest factors were whether or not Bulaga or Clinton-Dix would fall to the spot.  

But normally I feel like the Packers have had too late of a pick to take the player that I really want, or that they could trade down and still get the player that I want.  

So far, I have only looked at some of the safeties.  I like a few.  I think Nubin's game will translate well.  I see a lot of ball hawk, and not a lot of fluke plays in his highlights.  

I also really like the speed of Malik Mustapha.

And since I will never learn my lesson, and I have dreams of a LB with DB speed, I also like James Williams, and Jalon Carlies.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm talking myself into the Fautanu train. If he slides into the RG spot, we have the chance to give Love a dominant OL.

If Walker continues his rapid improvement, our OL is going to get expensive quick with Tom, Jenkins and Walker deserving of top contracts. It's gonna be hard to afford all 3 and tough decisions will need to be made. Would be nice to have the opportunity to trade one of them away for draft capital and have a replacement waiting. 

Edited by Mdpackfan22
  • Like 1