2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We need to draft a couple of offensive linemen, priority #1. We also need to bring in a couple of vets via free agency as solid backups in case of emergency. Allowing Royce Newman to start a game is roster malpractice. 

We need a new center, RT (assuming we swap Tom to LT), a new center and RG. There is still some hope that Walker and Rhyan could develop into solid, unspectacular players. 

Our offensive line has turned into the biggest weakness on our team, other than our defensive coordinator. 

Overreaction Mon..I mean Friday.

We were just ranked the #1 OL in the league by PFF. It is most certainly not the biggest weakness on the team. They just got their ***** kicked last night. Whoever is the LT will look infinitely better once Jenkins is back. 

That said, this is a great tackle class, and betting favorite for our 1st should certainly be an OT ? 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Overreaction Mon..I mean Friday.

We were just ranked the #1 OL in the league by PFF. It is most certainly not the biggest weakness on the team. They just got their ***** kicked last night. Whoever is the LT will look infinitely better once Jenkins is back. 

That said, this is a great tackle class, and betting favorite for our 1st should certainly be an OT ? 

They were manhandled last night. 

I don't give a **** what PFF says, the eye tests say otherwise. 

Newman sucks! I don't know how anyone can dispute that point. Myers has been a major disappointment. Runyan is a JAG at best. Walker, I have not given up on yet, but he was really, really bad last night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

They were manhandled last night. 

I don't give a **** what PFF says, the eye tests say otherwise. 

Newman sucks! I don't know how anyone can dispute that point. Myers has been a major disappointment. Runyan is a JAG at best. Walker, I have not given up on yet, but he was really, really bad last night. 

Yeah and the eye test for the last 3 weeks says they were incredibly good in the pass game. You're overreacting to one game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah and the eye test for the last 3 weeks says they were incredibly good in the pass game. You're overreacting to one game. 

That defense is the standard of what we have to hold up against to get where we want to be. That group was so overmatched is was painful to watch. 

Edited by Old Guy

Who is realistically going to be in our 1st round pick range at OT because we're not getting Alt or Olu without trading up. Are guys like Latham, Barton and Suamataia worth taking in the 1st? I'd rather just go BPA at a positional need than force our hand. We do fine with drafting OL all over the draft.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Who is realistically going to be in our 1st round pick range at OT because we're not getting Alt or Olu without trading up. Are guys like Latham, Barton and Suamataia worth taking in the 1st? I'd rather just go BPA at a positional need than force our hand. We do fine with drafting OL all over the draft.

Gute has an extra #2 to play the board with.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Those 3 with Mims and Morgan are going to be your t2nd tier tackle group. It's a really good group IMO. 

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Morgan's the kid for Arizona, right? What are your thoughts on him? 

Haven't watched Arizona play at all yet this year, just know he's a long, athletic kid that a lot of circles are really high on. Will probably wait until there are cutups on him vs sitting through an Arizona game lol. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 6:20 AM, JBURGE said:

New LT and Center sounds good to me. Still can't believe Gute took Myers over Creed

There's always going to be those guys you passed on.

Myers over Creed

Sternberger over Terry McClauren

Trading up for Amari Rodgers and passing on Amon-Ra St Brown.

It's happens and always will.

Edited by NFLGURU