2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That seems like #1 priority going into next year.  I'd love a stud receiver prospect, but we will probably be fine with what we currently have on the roster.  It would be nice if Watson could back and show that he can be counted on weekly. 

I don't see the need to draft a WR high. Watson(if he can stay healthy), Doubs and Reed is a great trio. Wicks also looks like a player

I'd like us to focus on OL and DL first and then safety and RB. Would really like to get a mauler at OG. Our pass blocking is great but our run blocking leaves a lot to be desired and always gets exposed in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

If the Cards get Caleb Williams, a Bakh for Budda Baker trade would make sense for both teams. Cards get an elite blindside protector for Caleb. Packers address their biggest weakness and allows us to spend draft capital shoring up other holes in the roster.

Um... I don't think trading for Bakh makes sense for anyone at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

It does for a playoff contender with a hole at LT or young team that doesn't want to rattle their young QB. 

It'll cost us Draft Capital at the minimum, that deal. Even worse if this is during the Off-Season, seeing as how Arizona could seek their LT in the draft to pair alongside Caleb in your scenario. Trade Deadline's more feasible, but falls prey to the composition of the contenders and those in the bubble so to speak. Arizona likely won't be in contention or close enough to roll the dice on such a deal.

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Kinchens from Miami is a pure FS type but I love him as a prospect.

This also looks like a very strong OT class and it sadly might be time to invest in a new LT.

It's great that GB has been able to find/develop guys like Bakh and (hopefully) Tom in the later rounds, but it's probably time to invest a premium pick.  The silver lining to the Bakh situation is that this season should give the team some time to see how Walker/Nijman are developing.

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's great that GB has been able to find/develop guys like Bakh and (hopefully) Tom in the later rounds, but it's probably time to invest a premium pick.  The silver lining to the Bakh situation is that this season should give the team some time to see how Walker/Nijman are developing.

Odds are Nijman is out the door after this year. He's our 4th OT and a free agent. We aren't going to pay him to stay around. I think we'll take our chances with Jones and Tenuta as backups. 

Nijman could be a trade deadline guy for somebody in serious need of a tackle. Might fetch a mid-round pick. 

20 hours ago, Striker said:

Antoine Winfield Jr., Kyle Dugger, and Jeremy Chinn are the best safeties on the FA market next year. 

However, each of their current teams do have $60M+ in cap space next year (the Patriots have $120M...lol) so unless they don't want to get into a bidding war, you'd have to think they'd make plays to keep them.

I don't think either of them are what I would want at safety.  Those are more strong safeties or even hybrid safety/linebackers.

I want prime Amos again.  Jessie Bates.  A centerfielder who understands the passing game and angles.  I want a cerebral presence back there.

I'm perfectly comfortable having Savage as the attacking safety like those other guys.  Course, he's a FA, too.

How high would you guys be willing to take a RB? If TreVenyon Henderson falls to our 2nd round pick, do we take him? 

Also all this talk on drafting an OT. I think we're fine there. We really need to upgrade the interior and draft OL that are maulers in the run game. 

5 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

How high would you guys be willing to take a RB? If TreVenyon Henderson falls to our 2nd round pick, do we take him? 

Also all this talk on drafting an OT. I think we're fine there. We really need to upgrade the interior and draft OL that are maulers in the run game. 

5th round or later for me on a RB.

Why do you think we are fine at OT? Surely this is Bak's last year in GB. Nijman is leaving via free agency in all likelihood as well. 

You OK rolling with Tom, Walker, Jones and Tenuta? 

Edited by Old Guy

I’d say safety and RB are soft enough free agency markets we might get a decent mid priced vet at both before the draft. I still would be happy with using some draft capital there but let’s see what we have in Johnson this year and possible vet that gets brought in.

I don’t know much about NCAA ball and OLine play can be hard to predict but last draft it was said that OL would be a strength of this ‘24 class. After not taking any in ‘23, evaluation of our young guys and likely releasing some vets, I have to believe one of our high picks and at least one of our later picks will be on the OLine. Our OC will be happy assuming he’s still has that job and I think it’s sound team building to go from the trenches out with a few skill guys you’re willing to pay and replacements for the rest. 

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Odds are Nijman is out the door after this year. He's our 4th OT and a free agent. We aren't going to pay him to stay around. I think we'll take our chances with Jones and Tenuta as backups. 

Nijman could be a trade deadline guy for somebody in serious need of a tackle. Might fetch a mid-round pick. 

Send nijman and Dillon out there for jacobs.

Got my madden hat on.

Edited by HighCalebR