2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

59 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

LOLnope, Ill wait ten years while we draft offensive players before I make that call.

The Packers have made a killing over the last 2 decades of drafting 2nd round WRs and mid-draft OL, and yet you want them to invest early picks into offensive players.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Continue to build the DL, RB and Safety 

RB is a no. Right now we can get a cheaper RB veteran than paying one a first round contract.

Safety I absolutely agree with. Not necessarily safety, but star defensive back.

This team sorely needs a defensive back with legitimate ball skills. Jaire doesn't have them. That was probably the sixth dropped iNT I can remember from him. He's still my favorite player, but he does not have the ball skills to create turnovers.

There is one player in this draft we need and his name is Cooper DeJean.

Depending on Walker OT.  He might be OK have to get some more tape on him.  Pass pro yesterday was pretty good.  He held up fine.  Might be OK there.  OG is a weakness could beef up a bit either that or C.   Safety has to be high on the list.  Also RB.  Dillon has been sucking.  Don't think he'll see a 2nd contract with GB.  As Mac said we could add a veteran.  I'd also take a few shots in the draft.  This position needs an overhaul.  Stud IDL well can't ever have enough of those guys but we have a pretty good group now.  

Really not too many holes.  OL, DB, and RB should be primary focus.  Lions gave away Swift that would have been a real nice add.  JT forget it.  Too expensive and Colts want too much in terms of draft capital to trade for him.  We need another Jones type and a bruiser.  Rebuild time.  Gute's on it and realizes the need.  

3 hours ago, MacReady said:

RB is a no. Right now we can get a cheaper RB veteran than paying one a first round contract.

Safety I absolutely agree with. Not necessarily safety, but star defensive back.

This team sorely needs a defensive back with legitimate ball skills. Jaire doesn't have them. That was probably the sixth dropped iNT I can remember from him. He's still my favorite player, but he does not have the ball skills to create turnovers.

There is one player in this draft we need and his name is Cooper DeJean.

Didn't mean RB in the first but a RB overall. AJ Dillon is garbage when the weather isn't cold and Aaron Jones aint gonna be here much longer.

Is the safety class good this year? I dream of the day we have our Nick Collins 2.0 back there 

• Like 1

3 picks in the first two rounds.

OT.  S.  RB as needs.

If it's me, I'm drafting a safety, while signing a good one in FA.  A vet that can steady that back end.  For the pick?  I honestly want one with a high football IQ.  I'll take a Micah Hyde type over a Savage type.  Brains over pure ability.  If I had to chose.

OT.  I come to that as a need.  Most probable for the first rounder.  I like Walker.  Tom has been fine, but we may want one with a better pedigree.

RB.  At this point and time?  I'll invest whatever in a RB if our pick is past #22 or something around there.  It's painfully obvious that Dillon is not a short term answer nor a long term answer.  Get some fresh fast feet in there.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

3 picks in the first two rounds.

OT.  S.  RB as needs.

If it's me, I'm drafting a safety, while signing a good one in FA.  A vet that can steady that back end.  For the pick?  I honestly want one with a high football IQ.  I'll take a Micah Hyde type over a Savage type.  Brains over pure ability.  If I had to chose.

OT.  I come to that as a need.  Most probable for the first rounder.  I like Walker.  Tom has been fine, but we may want one with a better pedigree.

RB.  At this point and time?  I'll invest whatever in a RB if our pick is past #22 or something around there.  It's painfully obvious that Dillon is not a short term answer nor a long term answer.  Get some fresh fast feet in there.

Antoine Winfield Jr., Kyle Dugger, and Jeremy Chinn are the best safeties on the FA market next year. 

However, each of their current teams do have $60M+ in cap space next year (the Patriots have $120M...lol) so unless they don't want to get into a bidding war, you'd have to think they'd make plays to keep them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Didn't mean RB in the first but a RB overall. AJ Dillon is garbage when the weather isn't cold and Aaron Jones aint gonna be here much longer.

Is the safety class good this year? I dream of the day we have our Nick Collins 2.0 back there 

All I know is Cooper DeJean is gonna be a playmaker on defense. Don’t know where, don’t know how, but there was one play of his where he looked like the receiver running the route. Tracked it better than I’ve seen any Packer track any ball since the Woodson days, caught it like he ran the route, turned it around for a TD.

Hasn’t been since Harrison Smith that a defender spoke to me the way DeJean did, and Smith had a hell of a career.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

The safety market was extremely soft this offseason:

$2.00

Current Contract
Adrian Amos signed a 1 year, $1,750,000 contract with the New York Jets, including a $500,000 signing bonus, $1,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,750,000.

If you're looking for an older guy who will be a stopgap you can probably go that low. But the top guys are gonna be $15-$16M minimum. And I'd bet Winfield, Dugger, and Chinn are all looking to top James' $19M AAV.

22 hours ago, squire12 said:

OT very high.  If Bakhtiari can only play every other week/ not on turf, thats an issue at the OT spot

That seems like #1 priority going into next year.  I'd love a stud receiver prospect, but we will probably be fine with what we currently have on the roster.  It would be nice if Watson could back and show that he can be counted on weekly.