2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Very weird take, but OK. Perhaps you mean you're concerned that Stokes can take his game back to his rookie levels because his injury was severe? I can understand that. Bust is foolish talk IMO. 

Was it foolish when people did the same thing with Kevin not Watt King?

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Very weird take, but OK. Perhaps you mean you're concerned that Stokes can take his game back to his rookie levels because his injury was severe? I can understand that. Bust is foolish talk IMO. 

Bust/injury bust

The end result doesn't matter 

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Bust/injury bust

The end result doesn't matter 

It's just an odd take, like you could've said the same thing about Gary or Elgton after the ACL too. Stokes played some really high level ball as a rookie, as far as M2M coverage he was arguably top 5 in the league and a reason why we didn't miss Jaire. 

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It's just an odd take, like you could've said the same thing about Gary or Elgton after the ACL too. Stokes played some really high level ball as a rookie, as far as M2M coverage he was arguably top 5 in the league and a reason why we didn't miss Jaire. 

No, it's not an odd take at all. It's very logical and realistic. Actually when I put it that way, that might make it "odd", afterall.

Well he's been cleared to start practicing. If he's a Le to come off the PUP coming out of the bye, that could be a major plus for the defense. I still think you could use more cb depth but if he returns and is anywhere near the player he was, that's a huge relief.

Back end S is still a major need imo though.

Time for my first 2024 five round mock draft (PFN mock). This is who I took:

OT J.C.Latham (Alabama)  6'6", 326. Bakhtiari may be finished and the Packers won't pay his huge cap figure next year. Latham has the size and feet to be very good as a pass blocker and the size to move people when run blocking. Love should appreciate having a top guy at LT, which is likely Zach Tom, moving there from playing RT this year, allowing Latham to use his powerful build on the right side. Rasheed Walker isn't a bad LT but an upgrade there would mean having a talented guy as a backup (I'm assuming Yosh Nijman is gone in his contract year)
2a  C   Cedric Van Pran (Georgia) 6'4", 310 lbs. The Packers O line needs to be better at run blocking. Van Pran could be an upgrade over the disappointing Myers (also a 2nd round pick). A physical run-blocking mauler with the smarts to make the line calls and a good pass protector as well.
2b S Cole Bishop (Utah)  6'2", 206 lbs, 4.50 40. Fluid, consistent, instinctive. Packers need another good safety. There was a guy rated higher on the board, but he was 185lbs and the Packers like them bigger than that.
3   DT McKinnley Jackson (Texas A&M) 6'2", 325 lbs. Bowling ball build with exciting speed off the snap. Sees the backfield well. Good run-stopper. The Packers have been among the worst run stoppers in the league since LaFleur arrived, so he fills a real need.
 TE Cade Stover (Ohio State) 6'4", 255. One of the top two blocking TEs in this class. Has mid 4.5 speed. Switched between linebacker and TE in college, so probably needs a season or so to hit his full potential.
 RB Marshawn Lloyd (USC) 5'9", 212. A real weight room guy. Very good breaking tackles, decent as a blocker, runs low and quick. Capable as a receiver.

Not the most exciting draft, unless you are a fan of improving the O and D lines. This draft did miss out on a good ILB, though - maybe next draft attempt.
Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 9:12 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:
Time for my first 2024 five round mock draft (PFN mock). This is who I took:

OT J.C.Latham (Alabama)  6'6", 326. Bakhtiari may be finished and the Packers won't pay his huge cap figure next year. Latham has the size and feet to be very good as a pass blocker and the size to move people when run blocking. Love should appreciate having a top guy at LT, which is likely Zach Tom, moving there from playing RT this year, allowing Latham to use his powerful build on the right side. Rasheed Walker isn't a bad LT but an upgrade there would mean having a talented guy as a backup (I'm assuming Yosh Nijman is gone in his contract year)
2a  C   Cedric Van Pran (Georgia) 6'4", 310 lbs. The Packers O line needs to be better at run blocking. Van Pran could be an upgrade over the disappointing Myers (also a 2nd round pick). A physical run-blocking mauler with the smarts to make the line calls and a good pass protector as well.
2b S Cole Bishop (Utah)  6'2", 206 lbs, 4.50 40. Fluid, consistent, instinctive. Packers need another good safety. There was a guy rated higher on the board, but he was 185lbs and the Packers like them bigger than that.
3   DT McKinnley Jackson (Texas A&M) 6'2", 325 lbs. Bowling ball build with exciting speed off the snap. Sees the backfield well. Good run-stopper. The Packers have been among the worst run stoppers in the league since LaFleur arrived, so he fills a real need.
 TE Cade Stover (Ohio State) 6'4", 255. One of the top two blocking TEs in this class. Has mid 4.5 speed. Switched between linebacker and TE in college, so probably needs a season or so to hit his full potential.
 RB Marshawn Lloyd (USC) 5'9", 212. A real weight room guy. Very good breaking tackles, decent as a blocker, runs low and quick. Capable as a receiver.

Not the most exciting draft, unless you are a fan of improving the O and D lines. This draft did miss out on a good ILB, though - maybe next draft attempt.

Agree with emphasizing OL and DL, Not a fan of Latham.  I don't see a player that moves well enough to fit our offense.  I know the mock draft guys list him high, but I don't see him as a fit.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Don't know if he declares, but is Jonathan Brooks out of Texas RB1?

Possibly, Henderson from OSU was the guy coming in, but another injury riddled season. Edwards from Michigan has been terrible too, he won't come out. Raheim Sanders has had a terrible year too. Brooks is probably the most prototype style back. I like Lloyd from USC too, the kid from Louisville was intriguing to me too, but he got hurt last night I heard.

TBD for this RB class.

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

@CWood21 you watched Fuaga at Oregon State yet?

I've found my Cooper DeJean if I was @MacReady. Taliese Fuaga is exactly what this team needs in round 1. Move Tom to LT, buy a RG in FA and draft Fuaga and just maul people on the right side of that line.

Cooper DeJean is going to have 70 career interceptions and you want a tackle?

Amateur.