2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

John Ross was actually more productive than Xavier Worthy was their final years in college.  Nobody would have flinched if Ross was taken later in the draft, but because the Bengals grabbed him at 9 it was a massive surprise.

Xavier Worthy College Stats, School, Draft, Gamelog, Splits | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

John Ross College Stats, School, Draft, Gamelog, Splits | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

He was a one-year wonder. Worthy was productive for three years. More yards, more receptions, more TDs, better football player. 

If the Bears really want to help their new QB out, they would take Taliese Fuago with pick 9. I assume Alt goes first and would expect this kid is in the conversation for the 2nd offensive lineman off the board. 

Hopefully they take a WR not named Marvin Harrison Jr., Rome Odunze or Malik Nabers. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers are not drafting Xavier Worthy unless he puts on 25 lbs.

If he moves to Wisconsin, that’s not really a problem. How does he feel about beer, curds and kringle?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers are not drafting Xavier Worthy unless he puts on 25 lbs.

He's a luxury we can't afford, even if he met our measurables. 

4 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

To have keon coleman, brian thomas jr and adonai mitchell dropping to us in the first round blows my mind. 

I like a lot of guys who will go in that 30-40 pick range. It really is a bummer how many games the jets won this year! Id be looking to get 36 and 40 from washington. 

Im probably trading down. This draft class is one to remember at rb, wr, and cb imo. 

Really surprised Coleman timed that poorly.  Wasn't expecting anything like low 4.4's, but was expecting worst case to be something in the mid 4.5's

I see a lot of FSU football while living in Florida among Seminole fans.  Something I never thought when watching Coleman this year was that he'd be a 4.6 guy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Really surprised Coleman timed that poorly.  Wasn't expecting anything like low 4.4's, but was expecting worst case to be something in the mid 4.5's

I see a lot of FSU football while living in Florida among Seminole fans.  Something I never thought when watching Coleman this year was that he'd be a 4.6 guy.

Keon defintley plays faster than what his 40 was. Shocked Johnny Wilson had a better 40. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cheesehead430 said:

Keon defintley plays faster than what his 40 was. Shocked Johnny Wilson had a better 40. 

Yeah, if you flipped those times, that is pretty much exactly how I expected them to run.

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, he's going to be much more valuable to a team that plays like 12+ games on carpet in a season (like the Saints).

I will lament the day when 3/4 of the NFCN play in a dome should be some interesting takes on roster construction but I hope it makes Lambeau even more of a home field advantage when those carpet cowboys come to town. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I will lament the day when 3/4 of the NFCN play in a dome should be some interesting takes on roster construction but I hope it makes Lambeau even more of a home field advantage when those carpet cowboys come to town. 

Like we saw this with the Dolphins in the playoffs this year.  That offense is very different on a fast turf than a slow one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

The 40 is a fun talking point and I know it’s a crowd pleaser at the combine but seems less valuable now that we have accurate ways to determine how fast guys were moving in pads, in real games. Pure track speed is nice but it is different than gridiron speed. 

• Like 1