2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He would be a wonderful "get" at #25.  Sure, we have DL right now.

But he's got some "special" in him.  Imagine being able to walk away from Kenny Clark and not pay him a 3rd deal, while spending much less to retain Slaton and pairing him with Newton/Brooks/Wyatt.  (No clue if Wooden really pan out)

Good for that DL room, good for the cap.

Like if the major knock on him is length... he is 2 inches taller than clark and his arms are  .5inch longer.. 

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You guys see CMC in Shipley? I see Aaron Jones, but a little more polished catching the ball.  

I dont see the quicks of either CMC or Jones in Shipley.

41 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You guys see CMC in Shipley?

I see Aaron Jones, but a little more polished catching the ball.  

I just watched him and said taller and less agile aaron jones. doesnt have the burst. pretty meh on him right now

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You guys see CMC in Shipley?

I see Aaron Jones, but a little more polished catching the ball.  

Absolutely. He looks just like him to me. I knew absolutely nothing about Will Shipley other than @beekay414 liked him for GB

Turned him on, immediately jumped out to me thst his play style is exactly like CMC. Looks like his twin catching the ball. Excellent, excellent vision and patience between the tackles. 

Looks like a damn stud to me. Easily worth a late 1st. 

Then saw his RAS and it was all confirmed for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Absolutely. He looks just like him to me. I knew absolutely nothing about Will Shipley other than @beekay414 liked him for GB

Turned him on, immediately jumped out to me thst his play style is exactly like CMC. Looks like his twin catching the ball. Excellent, excellent vision and patience between the tackles. 

Nope. CMC is a really fast dude. I'm not trashing Shipley....but he doesnt have the same quicks.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nope. CMC is a really fast dude. I'm not trashing Shipley....but he doesnt have the same quicks.

Wrong.

Shipley is just as fast/quick if not more so at their respective points in their careers.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Shipley is a stud. He's gonna be a value pick when we land him on day 2.