2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

On 12/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Newman can have that role on his rookie contract. Draft an additional guy to develop in April and eventually replace Newman. No need to keep JRJ around. 

No.  Just no.  Anything concerning Newman should be a no.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:56 PM, CWood21 said:

Why would Runyan agree to a deal knowing he's coming off the bench?  The league isn't that flush with capable OL that he's going to take a deal that makes him a backup OL.

Because he may in fact still win a job?  I don't know.

But if it were me, I'd be trying to get him under contract on a very low end deal for insurance.  Just like Patrick and Taylor before him.  Both of those guys ended up starting and being pretty decent players.

And if he does want more money and starters role/compensation?  Then he can leave.  It isn't that difficult to understand, as that is my worth for him.  Maybe the club sees it differently, but that is my take on him.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:58 AM, Mdpackfan22 said:

Cooper Dejean, it makes too much sense

Are people seeing him as a CB? Could he be the answer at Safety? He's played CB the last 2 years, but was recruited as a Safety by Iowa and has the build for it. 

Amarius Mims in the 1st (move Tom to LT) and Beebe with the Jets pick. 

Tom-Jenkins-Myers-Beebe-Mims

There's your beautiful, highly envious around the league OL for the next few seasons (until we draft Myers and Jenkins replacements).

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Are people seeing him as a CB? Could he be the answer at Safety? He's played CB the last 2 years, but was recruited as a Safety by Iowa and has the build for it. 

Safety or Nickel Corner.  Although he had a sweet pick against KC, we need an upgrade over Nixon at the star.  We also could use a top safety prospect and Dejean could fill that hole as well.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There's your beautiful, highly envious around the league OL for the next few seasons (until we draft Myers and Jenkins replacements).

Not too shabby at all.  If Bak returns we can leave Tom at RT and let Mims learn his craft and then see where things shake out the following season.  Maybe Mims he would be groomed for LT

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not too shabby at all.  If Bak returns we can leave Tom at RT and let Mims learn his craft and then see where things shake out the following season.  Maybe Mims he would be groomed for LT

I think you let Mims stay at RT and be the mauler of the group. He's tailormade for it IMO. 6'7" 330. Tom profiles more as a LT but he's been insanely good at RT.

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Sign me up. Take a DB with our other 2nd round pick and trade for Barkley and we're winning the Super Bowl in 2024