Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

44 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s no need to be torn. It’s perfectly fine to say Aaron Rodgers did a lot for GB, and he’s one of the greatest to ever do it.

it’s also fine to say the past few years he’s been a prick. And since it’s new , it’s ok to be upset. 

We can be upset at him now but appreciate him overall ( and we should) 

When Favre left for the Jets, I felt the same way - "MAN did he do great things, but it was time, I can't wait to see how Rodgers does!" 

Wash, rinse, repeat 15 yrs later. 

The only problem is subsequent behavior by the players (it's amazing how Rodgers seemed to view Favre as doing it wrong but then decided to follow a remarkably similar path) soured the outlook a little, and then having a never-ending debate with troll fans/sycophants put a rocket on the "f that guy" sentiment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Everyone is going to play 10x looser than last year. Do not take the locker room dynamic lightly. These dudes don't have to walk on eggshells anymore and, as a result, they won't play tight every ******* snap of the season. 10 wins, minimum. 

Schedule is soft AF too, and I have more faith than many that MLF is actually a pretty solid coach. 

My take on coaching in the NFL is if your team has the fundamentals (of both football and scheme) down and doesn't beat itself with stupid mistakes, that's .500 right there. I think MLF can get a team to at least not beat themselves. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s no need to be torn. It’s perfectly fine to say Aaron Rodgers did a lot for GB, and he’s one of the greatest to ever do it.

it’s also fine to say the past few years he’s been a prick. And since it’s new , it’s ok to be upset. 

We can be upset at him now but appreciate him overall ( and we should) 

Agreed. There was the early Aaron, a team player, who was the brainiac QB who scared safeties, and could throw the ball through impossibly tight windows. That guy I loved.

Then there was the late Aaron, with the inflated ego, bucked the coaches, talked about the performances of his teammates, promoted himself to assistant GM, and pouted on the field when things didn't go right. That guy I hated.

Bring on Love!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I've bashed Rodgers plenty, but my blue and yellow Rodgers throwback has become my goto jersey for game days.

I'm sure it's a minority view but I adore those yellow and blue throwbacks. 

Someday I may actually get one; thinking I'd either go Woodson or Hutson. Maybe really go deep and get a Hinkle (one of the unjustly forgotten GB greats)

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm sure it's a minority view but I adore those yellow and blue throwbacks. 

Someday I may actually get one; thinking I'd either go Woodson or Hutson. Maybe really go deep and get a Hinkle (one of the unjustly forgotten GB greats)

Which one? I have a Woodson Powerball jersey, and a Rodgers gold shoulder. I want to get one of the current throwbacks, but I'm not sure who's.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Agreed. There was the early Aaron, a team player, who was the brainiac QB who scared safeties, and could throw the ball through impossibly tight windows. That guy I loved.

Then there was the late Aaron, with the inflated ego, bucked the coaches, talked about the performances of his teammates, promoted himself to assistant GM, and pouted on the field when things didn't go right. That guy I hated.

Bring on Love!

what baffles me is people don't equate that to the decline of the WR position since 2016, take away my toy's and I'am not a happy camper.

9 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Which one? I have a Woodson Powerball jersey, and a Rodgers gold shoulder. I want to get one of the current throwbacks, but I'm not sure who's.

get a player that has a chance to make the HOF, to go along with the other two👍

2 hours ago, turf toe said:

what baffles me is people don't equate that to the decline of the WR position since 2016, take away my toy's and I'am not a happy camper.

If you are you under 5 years old I'll give you a pass.  Once you reach like 20 years old that behavior is problematic

• Like 1

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Funny that his toys "declined" yet he brought two of them with him to NY lol.

With Hacket going to the Jets, that translates to using many of schemes from Matt's and Hackets 3 years here over there, and Cobb and Lazard have experience with those schemes, so not only does it help AR, but they can help the jets other receivers, it's not that those receivers are top tier talent, it's about chemistry with Rodgers.

21 hours ago, spilltray said:

Bakhtiari is a possible, and Alexander if he continues to play the way he has are the two that come to mind