Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

14 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

For me, the two times I thought we should have taken a WR was firstly in 2019, when DK Metcalf was available (I wasn't so hot on AJ Brown) and we went Elton Jenkins. The other time was 2020 when Tee Higgins was there and we took Jordan Love. I don't think you can knock Gute for taking who he did when he did. Especially if Love turns out to be a stud.

If we are playing the hindsight game though, taking AJ Brown or Metcalf instead of Savage would have been a pure masterstroke. 

If we get to use hindsight in this process it becomes futile.  Putting your choices down when those picks are made is a better concept

38 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If we get to use hindsight in this process it becomes futile.  Putting your choices down when those picks are made is a better concept

I don't feel like Metcalf or AJ Brown over Savage is that much of hindsight.

Savage shot up the boards after a combine performance.  I don't recall much first round hype around him prior to his workout.

Others now say he showed elite stuff.  But that is not how I recall the pre-draft process.

The thing about the Savage pick was that we traded up for him, right?  If we do use hindsight, in theory, we could have traded less because Metcalf and Brown went later....and still gotten Jenkins.

But, I get it.  Hindsight and all.  I just don't feel like there is as much hindsight in the Savage pick as there was with Sternberger/McLaurin.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I don't feel like Metcalf or AJ Brown over Savage is that much of hindsight.

Savage shot up the boards after a combine performance.  I don't recall much first round hype around him prior to his workout.

Others now say he showed elite stuff.  But that is not how I recall the pre-draft process.

The thing about the Savage pick was that we traded up for him, right?  If we do use hindsight, in theory, we could have traded less because Metcalf and Brown went later....and still gotten Jenkins.

But, I get it.  Hindsight and all.  I just don't feel like there is as much hindsight in the Savage pick as there was with Sternberger/McLaurin.

it is hindsight when the only WR people feel GB should have picked are the really good WR and not the ones that bust/fail to meet expectations.  Harry, Hardman, JJAW, Isabella were all taken before Metcalf....yet no mention of selecting those WR

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

it is hindsight when the only WR people feel GB should have picked are the really good WR and not the ones that bust/fail to meet expectations.  Harry, Hardman, JJAW, Isabella were all taken before Metcalf....yet no mention of selecting those WR

Yeah, I had a post about that earlier.  I agree with you that by not citing those busts, it is hindsight.  

45 minutes ago, squire12 said:

41 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, I had a post about that earlier.  I agree with you that by not citing those busts, it is hindsight.  

Not entirely since a couple of them don't meet our h/w/s requirements. Also, nobody mentioned Deebo Samual in their hindsight musings. 

Also, there was a ton of hype around those two Ole Miss guys after the show they put on at the combine. That always gets the draft nerds fired up. 

Knock on Metcalf coming out was he could only run a straight line. 

Edited by Old Guy

57 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I was only talking about it from a personal level and I remember wanting Metcalf at 12 and was surprised he slipped out of the first round and was begging to have him taken at pick 44, I couldn't believe he had fallen that far.

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

Pretty sure everyone who had sense in their head was calling for Metcalf and Higgins going into those drafts

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Pretty sure everyone who had sense in their head was calling for Metcalf and Higgins going into those drafts

No one was pounding the table for Higgins and his 4.16 RAS score in the first round.

Metcalf?  I think there was talk about Metcalf, but wasn't he pretty severely injured in college?  Looked it up, neck fracture.  Well, you know GB medicals.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

No one was pounding the table for Higgins and his 4.16 RAS score in the first round.

Metcalf?  I think there was talk about Metcalf, but wasn't he pretty severely injured in college?  Looked it up, neck fracture.  Well, you know GB medicals.....

I recall Metcalf as a very divisive prospect. Some people thought he’d go as high as top 10 while others didn’t want anything to do with him. I recall a pretty horrendous 3 cone that scared a lot of people away and made them think of him as too stiff for the pros.

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

The NFL as a whole is pretty bad at drafting WRs outside "the guys who are obviously going to be good."  Like Kadarius Toney, Rashod Bateman, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, D'Wayne Eskridge, Tutu Atwell, Terrace Marshall, Josh Palmer, Dyami Brown, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Anthony Schwartz, and Dez Fitzpatrick all got drafted before Amon-Ra St. Brown.

It's weird to obsess about "taking Savage instead of Deebo" when we could be talking about "Taking Amari over the other St. Brown."

• Like 1

He looks like such an entitled hard to work with diva after watching Hard Knocks, the media rumors were obviously true. Has zero relation to the kids 10 years younger than him.

Wholly molly what a self centered prima Donna. Just there to collect a check.

Edited by Laces Out

18 hours ago, Laces Out said:

He looks like such an entitled hard to work with diva after watching Hard Knocks, the media rumors were obviously true. Has zero relation to the kids 10 years younger than him.

Wholly molly what a self centered prima Donna. Just there to collect a check.

I get the impression the younger guys are star struck by Rodgers at this point yet. It will wear off soon and he will divide the team. 

I'm looking for a result similar to Russ in Denver last year.