NFL Schedule Release

swede700

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think I'd rather play the eagles week 1 than well 2 again

And it's a short week to boot. 

I think I am being optimistic about them finishing 10-7.  Even thinking about it more, I could see them losing to the 49ers at home as well, which would drop them to 9-8.  They are stuck in the midst of mediocrity right now. 

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

11-6 

I don’t understand the pessimism. 

I just look at the talent on the team and I find it severely lacking at this point, especially on defense. 

And it's nice that the offensive line has been together for awhile, but they are still middle of the pack at best.  They need to be significantly better, because Kirk can't get hit as much as he did last year again...He is Mr. Durable, but if he continues to get hit again, eventually it's going to come back to bite them.  I just don't see how they get to 11 victories, unless they get lucky again. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I just look at the talent on the team and I find it severely lacking at this point, especially on defense. 

And it's nice that the offensive line has been together for awhile, but they are still middle of the pack at best.  They need to be significantly better, because Kirk can't get hit as much as he did last year again...He is Mr. Durable, but if he continues to get hit again, eventually it's going to come back to bite them.  I just don't see how they get to 11 victories, unless they get lucky again. 

I guess I just see the talent level as being better than you do. They are a top 10 offense, that should be better than they were last year. And the defense will be better just by having a coach who understands how to gameplan and utilize the players to their strengths. 

They may not get to 13 wins, but I don’t see them regressing by 4 or 5 wins. 

• Like 5

Takeaways:

Last season, the Vikings lost 24-7 to the Eagles in week two on Monday Night Football. This year, they will travel to Philadelphia once again in week two, but this time for Thursday Night Football. Having the Thursday game in week two is a nice advantage, as the Vikings’ will be much fresher on the short week than they would be later in the season.

With a run to the playoffs potentially coming down to the end of the season, having a bye in week 13 could be a massive benefit to the Vikings. They had a bye in week seven each of the last three seasons.

The Vikings will host the Lions on Christmas Eve and the Packers on New Years Eve before finishing up the regular season against the Lions likely on January 7th. If the Vikings want to win the division, they will need to play well in the final three weeks.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/minnesota-vikings-2023-nfl-schedule-kirk-cousins-justin-herbert-patrick-mahomes-jalen-hurts/?itm_source=parsely-api

On 5/12/2023 at 9:15 AM, VikeManDan said:

Philly is at New England in week 1.

The Patriots will honor Tom Brady at their Week One game against the Eagles, and a whole lot of fans want to be there for it.

Eagles at Patriots is currently the most expensive ticket of the 2023 season on the secondary ticket markets. The average ticket price for that game is $807, according to ESPN. That’s far more than any other game of the 2023 season; the second-most expensive game is Cowboys at 49ers, with an average ticket price of $501.

Brady announced his retirement this offseason and, unlike last year, he appears to have made his final decision. Patriots fans will be ready to give him an enthusiastic embrace to honor a long career.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/14/eagles-patriots-week-1-is-nfls-most-expensive-ticket/