Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lying about what?  I never changed my stance that I was reserving judgment on JM and DZ until after the season concluded.  I called JM out in both good and bad times.  When the O showed promise I praised them but they were never able to find consistency at any point during the season.  When the O showed glimpses of being inconstant, conservative and uninspiring and I called them out.  The D was a disaster from day 1. 

This team collapsed and quit at the end of the season going 1 and 4 with the one win being a fluke play against NE.  The Rams loss was a collapse of epic proportions. The grit and passion that RB inspired all but evaporated under JM. 

The end of the season collapse, no consistency with play calling, inability to motivate or inspire, inability to properly evaluate talent, terrible asset management with negative ROI and my end of the season conclusion is that JM is in over his head as a HC and will be extremely lucky to survive next season.

Carr was never able to find consistency his entire career. Never improved in the red zone. Teammates reportedly got tired of Carr not taking accountability for his poor play late in the season. The Rams collapse was aided by Carr throwing a gimmie INT in the red zone and going 11 for 20 for 137 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 36.9 rating.

Can't get much ROI when your highly priced QB failed to do his job. Stop putting it all on the JM/DZ, Carr didn't rise to the occasion. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr was never able to find consistency his entire career. Never improved in the red zone. Teammates reportedly got tired of Carr not taking accountability for his poor play late in the season. The Rams collapse was aided by Carr throwing a gimmie INT in the red zone and going 11 for 20 for 137 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 36.9 rating.

Can't get much ROI when your highly priced QB failed to do his job. Stop putting it all on the JM/DZ, Carr didn't rise to the occasion. 

Once again every one of your posts revolves around Carr.  Carr is gone and you seriously need to move on with your life.  Instead of being hyper focused on one player you need to take the blinders off and look at the bigger picture.  Football is a team game that consists of of 11 players on O and 11 players on D with one HC and numerous coordinators.

The Rams game was ugly on multiple levels.  Carr played poorly yet the team was up 13 to 3 at the half playing against a bum QB who was claimed off the street a week before.  They had the lead with less than two minutes left in the 4th, the Rams had zero time outs and had to march 95+ yards  on our D to win the game.  They did as the D collapsed in epic fashion.  That is on JM and his staff not on a QB.

QB's have won games with a zero QBR.  Is your stance that the team won because of a of the QB and their zero QBR? 

You still have yet to answer my question in regards to how the Carr situation.  Were you not an advocate for getting rid of Carr with no plan in place, netting zero in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit because "Carr was the reason this team regressed"?  That is terrible ROI for an asset as the asset was turned into a liability by DZ and JM.  You condone these types of moves and I view them as pure incompetence.  

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Derek Carr pass rate by Half: 1st Half / 2nd Half

2016: 90 / 92- Musgrave

2017: 89 / 80 - Downing

2018: 90 / 97 - Gruden

2019: 109 / 92 - Gruden

2020: 110 / 92 - Gruden

2021: 90/ 98 - Olson

2022: 97 / 74 - McDaniels

Here are Carr's passer ratings by half.  Do you care to explain the massive drop of in the 2nd half of games under JM which was well below his career average of 92 or why there was a massive drop from a 97 in the 1st half to a 74 in the 2nd half? 

Also show me proof that a teammate spoke out and called out Carr for not taking accountability.  I have never read any quotes from a player stating such.  

Just so I am clear, a QB with a zero QBR wins a game, your stance is that the victory was because of QB play?  

You business sense is clearly lackluster as only a stooge can advocate turning an asset into a liability.  Netting a negative ROI on an asset by receiving zero in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit is something that only someone with zero business understanding would advocate.  

This upcoming season will answer a ton of questions and I can't wait.  

29 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again every one of your posts revolves around Carr.  Carr is gone and you seriously need to move on with your life.  Instead of being hyper focused on one player you need to take the blinders off and look at the bigger picture.  Football is a team game that consists of of 11 players on O and 11 players on D with one HC and numerous coordinators.

The Rams game was ugly on multiple levels.  Carr played poorly yet the team was up 13 to 3 at the half playing against a bum QB who was claimed off the street a week before.  They had the lead with less than two minutes left in the 4th, the Rams had zero time outs and had to march 95+ yards  on our D to win the game.  They did as the D collapsed in epic fashion.  That is on JM and his staff not on a QB.

QB's have won games with a zero QBR.  Is your stance that the team won because of a of the QB and their zero QBR? 

You still have yet to answer my question in regards to how the Carr situation.  Were you not an advocate for getting rid of Carr with no plan in place, netting zero in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit because "Carr was the reason this team regressed"?  That is terrible ROI for an asset as the asset was turned into a liability by DZ and JM.  You condone these types of moves and I view them as pure incompetence.  

I'm only speaking of Carr because your angst is rooted in being a Carr homer. And the fact that you can't talk about he offense and team performance without looking at the performance of the QB. I will hereby refer to him as "the QB".

I never said the QB was the reason the team regressed, so that's false. He was one of several reasons such as coaching and injuries. 

Was I advocating rid of the QB and his bloated salary cap figure after the season, 100%. You don't pay average, elite money. 6 mil dead cap is a drop in the buck compared to keeping the average player.

Did it suck to lose the QB without compensation, yes. Is that purely the fault the FO, no. They extended him, committed to him and he fell short. All parties take blame here. Had the QB played up to his contract, he'd still be the QB. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm only speaking of Carr because your angst is rooted in being a Carr homer. And the fact that you can't talk about he offense and team performance without looking at the performance of the QB. I will hereby refer to him as "the QB".

I never said the QB was the reason the team regressed, so that's false. He was one of several reasons such as coaching and injuries. 

Was I advocating rid of the QB and his bloated salary cap figure after the season, 100%. You don't pay average, elite money. 6 mil dead cap is a drop in the buck compared to keeping the average player.

Did it suck to lose the QB without compensation, yes. Is that purely the fault the FO, no. They extended him, committed to him and he fell short. All parties take blame here. Had the QB played up to his contract, he'd still be the QB. 

He was extended and a NTC was added when all of that was not necessary.  He had one year left on his prior contract so extending him and adding a NTC was unnecessary incompetence by JM and DZ as they had no idea how he would preform in their system.  Who's fault is that?

Had Carr preformed like he had in years past he would still be our QB.  Wasn't his past history the reason that JM/DZ extended him in the first place and included a NTC in his contract? 

You nonstop posts about Carr are ridiculous and anyone who was against moving him with zero plan and netting a negative ROI is a "Carr homer".  You need to move on with your life and dedicate all of the time allocated to Carr posts into something productive.  If you allocated a fraction of your time posting about Carr to reading business books you might have a better understanding of assets, liabilities, ROI etc LOL

I have posted for years that I would be all for moving on from Carr when he had a young stud QB waiting in the wings but to move on from him with zero plan is foolish.  I still stand by that and this season will tell us a lot as Carr is now in the best situation of his career with a D that is not bottom three in the NFL and is surrounded by quality weapons. 

Your boy JM has his QB in place and has had two full off seasons to build the D his way.  No more excuses either way!

29 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He was extended and a NTC was added when all of that was not necessary.  He had one year left on his prior contract so extending him and adding a NTC was unnecessary incompetence by JM and DZ as they had no idea how he would preform in their system.  Who's fault is that?

Had Carr preformed like he had in years past he would still be our QB.  Wasn't his past history the reason that JM/DZ extended him in the first place and included a NTC in his contract? 

You nonstop posts about Carr are ridiculous and anyone who was against moving him with zero plan and netting a negative ROI is a "Carr homer".  You need to move on with your life and dedicate all of the time allocated to Carr posts into something productive.  If you allocated a fraction of your time posting about Carr to reading business books you might have a better understanding of assets, liabilities, ROI etc LOL

I have posted for years that I would be all for moving on from Carr when he had a young stud QB waiting in the wings but to move on from him with zero plan is foolish.  I still stand by that and this season will tell us a lot as Carr is now in the best situation of his career with a D that is not bottom three in the NFL and is surrounded by quality weapons. 

Your boy JM has his QB in place and has had two full off seasons to build the D his way.  No more excuses either way!

Lmao here we go again, as soon as they extended Carr, you was here calling everyone fools who don't know football, saying people who thought they were going to move on from Carr for such and such QB are idiots. This regime knows what it's doing.

Now you say they shouldn't have extended him, they had no idea how he'd perform in their system. It's comical because you could have cared less, the only thing that mattered is you thought your boy was here to stay. Lol 😆 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Lmao here we go again, as soon as they extended Carr, you was here calling everyone fools who don't know football, saying people who thought they were going to move on from Carr for such and such QB are idiots. This regime knows what it's doing.

Now you say they shouldn't have extended him, they had no idea how he'd perform in their system. It's comical because you could have cared less, the only thing that mattered is you thought your boy was here to stay. Lol 😆 

If it was by itself, yeah probably. But with the Waller mess up and now Jacob it shows a pattern of being in over there heads.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If it was by itself, yeah probably. But with the Waller mess up and now Jacob it shows a pattern of being in over there heads.

It's a string of bad moves, but that's not what I'm pointing out he loved Carr getting extended with a no trade clause rubbing it in everybody face.

Now he saying it was unnecessary and stupid incompetence. Lol he's a joke.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@Frankie2Gunz

Said!

"Fans can bash the move all they want but those fans have been missing the big picture regarding Carr for years.  They're fuming because Ziegler and JM view Carr the same way that I do.  Do you know how I know this? They just locked him up to an extension which includes a no trade clause that guarantees he will be in Vegas at least until he is 35. Some people are not only clueless and are continuously proven wrong, they also refuse to admit they are wrong, which I find comical.  

It has been quite obvious to anyone with a trained eye that Carr is a top 10 NFL QB who has been held back by terrible coaching/GM's, one of the worst D's in the NFL and atrocious weapons on O.  What is so obvious to some is blind to others.  All of this is quite clear to our new GM and HC combo but there are pages and pages of average fans on here who have been wanting to move on from Carr for years.  I knew he would never be traded as I also know what his value is around NFL circles.  That value was reinforced today with his new deal. 

I am just happy our new HC/GM combo knows what they are doing.  They have proven it but assembling our best roster in 20 years with one offseason and by locking up Carr who is a heck of a QB"

What's comical is you and your meaningless rants.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

@Frankie2Gunz

"Fans can bash the move all they want but those fans have been missing the big picture regarding Carr for years.  They're fuming because Ziegler and JM view Carr the same way that I do.  Do you know how I know this? They just locked him up to an extension which includes a no trade clause that guarantees he will be in Vegas at least until he is 35. Some people are not only clueless and are continuously proven wrong, they also refuse to admit they are wrong, which I find comical.  

It has been quite obvious to anyone with a trained eye that Carr is a top 10 NFL QB who has been held back by terrible coaching/GM's, one of the worst D's in the NFL and atrocious weapons on O.  What is so obvious to some is blind to others.  All of this is quite clear to our new GM and HC combo but there are pages and pages of average fans on here who have been wanting to move on from Carr for years.  I knew he would never be traded as I also know what his value is around NFL circles.  That value was reinforced today with his new deal. 

I am just happy our new HC/GM combo knows what they are doing.  They have proven it but assembling our best roster in 20 years with one offseason and by locking up Carr who is a heck of a QB"

What's comical is you and your meaningless rants.

😬🤐whoa that didn’t age well lol “carr be here till he’s 35” yeaaaa lol

• Like 4