Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I find that hard to believe to be honest. Regardless, Garoppolo genuinely seems well liked and he is used to playing for a winning organisation so hopefully he can show his leadership qualities and bring about a positive change.

Easy to say in camp though, let’s hope his leadership shines through when the real bullets start flying and our backs are against the wall. Everyone is writing us off this season so that may play in our favour somewhat. There’s always a surprise team in the NFL, hopefully us this year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I noticed him making some plays in pre season last year, seems like a bit of a late bloomer maybe? Thing is with how thin our LB core is he has every chance of winning a spot.

Did well on special teams last year, always need those type of guys. 

On 8/3/2023 at 9:27 PM, bucksavage1 said:

Interesting notes from Your boy Q from lockedin Raiders

-Elumenour is starting spot is in trouble . Multiple false starts, multiple mistakes. Thayer Munford took a lot of 1st team reps at RT.

- Malcolm Koonce has been quiet

- Trayvon Mohrieg hasn’t gave up any plays together with Epps. 

-Running backs have been impressive

-Tre Tucker and Deandre Carter has been impressive.

Be interesting to get this guys take after a couple of days of Moehrig getting picks. He said he was underwhelming hopefully that’s changed. 

Koonce being quiet is a concern we definitely could do with a sub pass rusher. Only got 68 snaps last year and I think I read he was on the field for more run snaps than pass.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I find that hard to believe to be honest. Regardless, Garoppolo genuinely seems well liked and he is used to playing for a winning organisation so hopefully he can show his leadership qualities and bring about a positive change.

Easy to say in camp though, let’s hope his leadership shines through when the real bullets start flying and our backs are against the wall. Everyone is writing us off this season so that may play in our favour somewhat. There’s always a surprise team in the NFL, hopefully us this year!

I will be fascinated to see what the narrative is if Jimmy G sucks/ gets injured like I fully expect him to, our D is still bottom of the league with no pass rush and hemorrhages points. 

if this team wins 4ish games and Carr has a pretty good season that leads the Saints to the playoffs how will these talking heads spin it? 

I also am fascinated as to what the Jimmy G homers will use as a metric for his success this year.  W/L, stats, a combo of the two?  Elaborate if you're a Jimmy G homer and what are the metrics for a "successful" season by him. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is it just me or when they say stuff like ‘no concerns’ then I start to get concerned 😁

Being quite raw he needs all the practice and training reps he can to aid his technique and pick up the nuances so I’m expecting a very quiet year from him tbh.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I will be fascinated to see what the narrative is if Jimmy G sucks/ gets injured like I fully expect him to, our D is still bottom of the league with no pass rush and hemorrhages points. 

if this team wins 4ish games and Carr has a pretty good season that leads the Saints to the playoffs how will these talking heads spin it? 

I also am fascinated as to what the Jimmy G homers will use as a metric for his success this year.  W/L, stats, a combo of the two?  Elaborate if you're a Jimmy G homer and what are the metrics for a "successful" season by him. 

You could copy and paste the same post over and over and no one will notice. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Is it just me or when they say stuff like ‘no concerns’ then I start to get concerned 😁

Being quite raw he needs all the practice and training reps he can to aid his technique and pick up the nuances so I’m expecting a very quiet year from him tbh.

To JMD credit, he said the same thing about Young and now he’s practicing 

• Like 1