Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

Really, there’s simply no excuse for the offence to not be better. We have another year in the system, retained the entire OLine, added the top TE prospect and a good WR2 upgrade and will hopefully have Renfrow all year. That should be a lot of upgrades. Also Garoppolo should be a better system fit and match chemistry with McDaniels better. There’s no excuse on offence.

On Defence, I envision the back end at DB to be improved and actually be solid to good. I think Chandler has a bit of a rebound but not to vintage 2019 type levels but I think Wilson has a very limited impact as he finds his feet. DTs could be a total liability and LBs could get exposed as a result so maybe only a slight overall improvement there.

All in all, we ought to be a better team if the D improves as it would be hard not to and the O has no excuse not to be better, unfortunately I can still see only 7 wins or thereabouts. If we managed to get to 8 or 9 wins and showed real improvement in defence with a few young guys showing up I’d be absolutely delighted.

This year I think is about putting building blocks in place and finding a young core to move forward with.

• Like 4

8-9 wins. Better depth, better team speed. Offense will be more consistent. Better in the red zone and on 3rd down. 

Defense will be middle of the pack with improvement in the secondary and better implementation in year 2 of the scheme. Crosby is poised for an MVP year. There will be some breakout players we're not talking about. 

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

8-9 wins. Better depth, better team speed. Offense will be more consistent. Better in the red zone and on 3rd down. 

Defense will be middle of the pack with improvement in the secondary and better implementation in year 2 of the scheme. Crosby is poised for an MVP year. There will be some breakout players we're not talking about. 

MVP of our team or a Defensive MVP type year? No chance a defensive player gets MVP even if they deserve it these days, QBs are the golden boys.

Crosby is a great player, not disputing that at all but I still think he has to have a 15 sack season to really put himself in the frame for All Pro and Defensive MVP. He’ll need some help from Jones and the interior guys to do that. Imagine what he could do with a little help………

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

MVP of our team or a Defensive MVP type year? No chance a defensive player gets MVP even if they deserve it these days, QBs are the golden boys.

Crosby is a great player, not disputing that at all but I still think he has to have a 15 sack season to really put himself in the frame for All Pro and Defensive MVP. He’ll need some help from Jones and the interior guys to do that. Imagine what he could do with a little help………

Defensive MVP, yes. I think he will be in that conversation on an improved defense.

Don't sleep on Rob Leonard. I think his impact on the Dline is going to be felt.

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Defensive MVP, yes. I think he will be in that conversation on an improved defense.

Don't sleep on Rob Leonard. I think his impact on the Dline is going to be felt.

Yep, I can see that but he needs help and if he gets it I could see a 15 sack season. Don’t know much about Rob Leonard so I’ll have to do some reading up 🙂…………