Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Teamer's value is on STs. Palo-Mao needs to show up there to win the job. 

Bolden is safe regardless of Jacobs because of STs and ability as a blocker and pass catcher. Unfortunately, none of the younger backs have beaten him out. 

Bars, I agree here. Don't think he makes it over a guy like Curtis. 

Palo-Mao is lock to make the team 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He can play all positions on the Oline. That's his value. Occupies 1 roster spot vs. 2 on the Oline as a depth player. 

We have 3 or 4 oline that can play multiple positions and play them better than him imo. If oline shakes the way we think. Miller amd James will be the only starters who can't play multiple positions. 

56 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Im actually going be mad if Bars make this team. Such a waste of a roster spot. 

I thought Bars wouldn’t make the team but without Parker he sweaks in, Mediocre but he’s versatile.

Curtis/Muti/Bars/Wagner are probably in competition for the final 2-3 OL spots

If Bars makes the initial 53 but could lose his spot if another player becomes available with more value after league cutdown. Unfortunately, he can play a few positions. I’m not sure in practices but Netane Muti hasn’t played well enough in the games. 

As long as Bars Isn’t a starter we should be good. GVR is an upgrade 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I thought Bars wouldn’t make the team but without Parker he sweaks in, Mediocre but he’s versatile.

If Bars makes the initial 53 but could lose his spot if another player becomes available with more value after league cutdown. Unfortunately, he can play a few positions. I’m not sure in practices but Netane Muti hasn’t played well enough in the games. 

I think depth is Munford, Wagner, Muti, Curtis

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’ve noticed Meredith playing OC and OG and doing well too. Nobody is talking about him but he looked solid to me. I think Muti needs a big performance against Dallas to force his way in otherwise one of the versatile guys will grab that spot. 

Eluemunor has proven versatile at RT and LT and he can play guard too, Munford can play RT and RG, Parham can play LG and OC, Van Roten and James I think are locks too and of course Miller so that leaves everyone else vying for probably two or three spots.

Not sure how much sense this makes but I’d probably go with an extra OT rather than OG as I feel in emergency a tackle could drop into guard whereas a guard would have a tougher time moving out to tackle maybe?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Palo-Mao is lock to make the team 

You think so? I think people are underestimating Teamer and his ST role. TBH I hope they keep 5 safeties and take Teamer and Pola Mao, especially if they are using 3 safety sets. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You think so? I think people are underestimating Teamer and his ST role. TBH I hope they keep 5 safeties and take Teamer and Pola Mao, especially if they are using 3 safety sets. 

Yes, Palo-mao role on this defense  the 3rd safety hybrid LB. That’s more important than Teamer. I think Teamer could make it as well with Palo-Mao. Teamer on ST is good but on defense he is mediocre 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

That’s a plus. He’s made plays in both games. He’s PFF top rated preseason LB. If he can’t make our LB crew then wtf lol

Man I still don't know been trying to do a 53, there are going to be some wtf moments because it's tough. I think Hoyer will be cut and signed to the PS squad just to keep another player on the roster. Willis or Koonce is getting cut. I think Bolton is the choice Thomas should be able to make it to ps squad. Both Mclendin Curtis and Wagner might get cut. We got some depth it's going to be hard.

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

What has Teamer ever done other than fight people at practice and in that Cowboys game?