Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

4 hours ago, StatKing said:

https://youtu.be/fuxh6atqEzI?si=dhsVfllISj9jNAeA

All 22 footage of every throw.

Overall this makes the game seem better.  Most of the throws that were frustrating live didn't have a lot of options for him to go to (other than the missed Watson TD, wide open).  However the throw Watson got hurt on, Watson bailed Love out, that was wide open more towards the sideline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KFP7 said:

Overall this makes the game seem better.  Most of the throws that were frustrating live didn't have a lot of options for him to go to (other than the missed Watson TD, wide open).  However the throw Watson got hurt on, Watson bailed Love out, that was wide open more towards the sideline.

Love did a pretty good job on most snaps .. took a silly sack with Watson wide open in front of him.  The throw out to Jones under pressure was ill advised.  Obviously the pass to the endzone to Watson was under thrown.  All told though a lot of good throws.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Love did a pretty good job on most snaps .. took a silly sack with Watson wide open in front of him.  The throw out to Jones under pressure was ill advised.  Obviously the pass to the endzone to Watson was under thrown.  All told though a lot of good throws.

He played fine, I'd like to see him take more control of the offense. A 300 yard game would be nice. If he threw on the run more that would be nice to see as well.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Unfortunately Jordan learned some of the bad from Rodgers too. This looks like classic bad Aaron right there. Ideally Jordan won't do that in year 15 anymore though 

I hadnt seen this clip before and frankly, think it's pretty shocking he missed those opportunities and got sacked.
It was all right in front of him. Not sure what he could have been looking at.

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Wicks part feels worse to me than Watson like was being discussed before

Love had nobody around him - but most importantly nobody in front of him - so he could see Watson plain as day. The were both standing on the same hash.

The two defenders behind Watson actually break towards him - thinking thats where Love would dump the ball - which opened the field even more from Wicks.

It's just not a good look. I've no clue what Love was thinking about or hoping to get out of that play cause it was all right in front of him. The coaches need to have a chit chat about this with him. He's gotta make those easy connections.

Cant tell the down....but it looks like they had about 10 yards to pickup for a first. If it wasnt 3rd down - Watson's the quick and easy yardage pickup. If it was 3rd down - Wicks is who you go to to move the chains.

Oh well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Gonna be fun to watch the 180 this forum does after he throws multiple picks against the Steelers.  Atleast I've been consistent in my position.

He's Marcus Mariota.  Career backup.  I hope he plays well this weekend.  It's OK though, Mariota won a Heisman and was drafted higher.  It happens.  Give Love his shot and go from there.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

He's right. This ball has to come out.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

He's right. This ball has to come out.

Something spooks him, either in his line of vision he misreads the boundary safety and thinks he's much closer than he is, or he's worried about the guy that picks up Jones falling off his route and into the throw window? 

Not sure, just a misread somewhere. Play is designed to go to Wicks and it's there, nice call from Matt. He probably gets OOB and saves the TO we had too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

You miss one. You miss two. You don't miss three. Doubs was also open at the bottom of the screen.

Like I said, if that's a consistent thing then it's an issue. I know you know Rodgers missed tons of reads throughout his career.