Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

On 12/5/2023 at 1:01 PM, DWhitehurst said:

Say what you want about ARod, but I thought he was spot-on when he said on Pat's show today that people should neither crown JLove nor condemn him right now. Pressure he doesn't need right now. Also pointed out how next year he could struggle simply because teams will then have a full season of tape to look at for scheming better against him. 

Agree, Love is doing things now to earn a next contract, but the season isn't over.  He could still get better or sink to early season levels.  Let it play out and go from there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I forget who  I'm stealing this from (Mallory Rubin?) but she says a GMs most important job is remaining employed

Yea, absolutely. I would just assume when whoever hires the GM would have a long term plan. 

just goes to show, just because you have money, doesn’t mean you’re smart. 

blessing in disguise this season might have been the injury issues that Aaron Jones has been dealing with.  Possible that GB and MLF has been pushed to open things up in the passing game vs relying on Jones/Dillon in the run game.   That has led to Love blossoming in the last few weeks along with the WR/TE group.  

Team certainly should be better with Jones at full strength, but we may not have seen the progression and development from Love had Jones not been injured and out of game action as much as he had.  Hopefully adding Jones back into the mix in the stretch run only bolsters the diversity of the offense.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

blessing in disguise this season might have been the injury issues that Aaron Jones has been dealing with.  Possible that GB and MLF has been pushed to open things up in the passing game vs relying on Jones/Dillon in the run game.   That has led to Love blossoming in the last few weeks along with the WR/TE group.  

Team certainly should be better with Jones at full strength, but we may not have seen the progression and development from Love had Jones not been injured and out of game action as much as he had.  Hopefully adding Jones back into the mix in the stretch run only bolsters the diversity of the offense.

Great observation. 

On 12/7/2023 at 10:57 AM, incognito_man said:

I wonder though, who does Jordan love?

19 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agree,  Watson being out changes also what the Packers can do.  You can bring that safety up for the running game.  It's a real test for Love without Watson.  Hopefully, Love and the receivers have progressed enough to handle it.

On 11/12/2023 at 3:34 PM, Isherwood said:

Josh Dobbs is going to flame out exactly like almost every other “feel good” journeyman story ever. It will be yet another hilarious end to a Vikings season, whether it happens in the playoffs or earlier

I was right, it was funny.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:18 AM, NFLGURU said:

Agree, Love is doing things now to earn a next contract, but the season isn't over.  He could still get better or sink to early season levels.  Let it play out and go from there.

Yep. I do think Watson getting up to full speed was a factor--at least one factor among others--to Love's improved play. It'll be interesting to see how Love does with Watson now out again. Part of the physiology of Watson's speed--tightly wound hamstrings--may be a double-edged sword. Hamstring issues may be a chronic problem for him. Leads me to ask if the Packers might look at drafting another tall, speedy, defense-stretching go route guy like Watson just to have as a backup if nothing else when Watson inevitably pulls a hammy again? 

• Like 1