Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

He looked solid yesterday. He didn't do anything amazing, but he did what was asked of him and that was more than enough. He took care of the ball, took what was given to him and had some big 3rd down conversions. Hats off to him on his second start.

Edited by malak1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Can't believe we're gonna get a 1st, 2nd + for him. Robbery.

Not at all if Rodgers plays well for a few seasons. QBs are a rip off. 

But we're defintely fortunate if Love continues to pan out and get that nice compesation. And if Love continues like this Gutey and coaches deserve all the credit in the world for getting what he got for Rodgers on top of it.

Here's to Rodgers health

Edited by Arthur Penske

23 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He looked solid yesterday. He didn't do anything amazing, but he did what was asked of him and that was more than enough. He took care of the ball, took what was given to him and had some big 3rd down conversions. Hat's off to him on his second start.

I thought the best thing about him was poise.  He never looked rattled.  That shone through on 3rd and 4'th downs.

I really hope we get to see what he can do with a healthy Doubs, Watson, Reed, Musgrave and Jones.

• Like 2

The muffed snap play:

When s**t goes south, the brains for most of us humans scramble. Unfamiliar neural pathways fire up; our perceptions are flooded by adrenaline and we can only focus the immediate surroundings.

Jordan Love regains control of the football, spins away, looks to see what is downfield, sees his tight end absolutely alone, and fires off a pass under pressure to Mr. I Run Backwards So What.

I defend your right to say that was ugly. From a football aesthetic it was. I also think that that quiet young man is showing real signs of having the game slow down for him.

I know that Game One pronouncements are silly, and I’m not making one other than this: our first game of the season has raised both the floor and the ceiling for that young man’s prospects as an NFL quarterback. 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I said it: he's already a top NFL QB.

It was just so obvious. He's poised as hell. Sees it awesome already. 

The moment definitely doesn't look too big for him and the rest of the team believes in him. I've said it all offseason that the locker room dynamic was going to be totally different and all it took was one game to prove it. Everyone is playing loose and for each other. It's entirely the opposite of the dynamic of "expected perfection" when we had a different "leader" at the helm. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

He looked solid yesterday. He didn't do anything amazing, but he did what was asked of him and that was more than enough. He took care of the ball, took what was given to him and had some big 3rd down conversions. Hat's off to him on his second start.

Agree,  liked what I saw, he knows that offense, showed good command.  Has stuff to clean up, but got the big win.