Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Didn't the ball hit him in the hands?  I don't expect JAGS to make that catch, but as WR1, or even WR2, he's gotta catch that one.

It was a drop. He should have caught it. But even great receivers have drops. Last year the list of the 10 receivers with the most drops included Amari Cooper, Ja'marr Chase, Deebo Samuel, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill and  Devonta Smith. Watson was open. I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting open. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

Slightly under thrown is an exaggeration. He had 5 steps on the DB and had to completely stop while two dbs barrel down on him and hit his arms. If that was Rodgers you would all of had an aneurysm. That was on Love nearly entirely. Watson could have possibly caught it but he did his job on the route. Having to stop entirely while two guys hit him and his arms made that catch anything but easy. 85% on Love 15% on Watson not being able to hold on. Good throw it's a walk in TD while Love had a wide open pocket. 

His long ball will improve and they'll connect many times this year. That was just a dud throw but not a huge deal. He'll start to dial that in.

He didn't need to stop as much as he did. He completely turned his body around and misjudged the ball. I was at the stadium and the wind was no joke. And on that particular throw, they were into the wind. You've got almost inhuman speed in Watson and a crazy headwind, I think the throw was reasonable. Not great, but not the worst throw you'll ever see a professional QB make. I don't think Watson played it well either. 

3 minutes ago, Ham Sammich said:

He didn't need to stop as much as he did. He completely turned his body around and misjudged the ball. I was at the stadium and the wind was no joke. And on that particular throw, they were into the wind. You've got almost inhuman speed in Watson and a crazy headwind, I think the throw was reasonable. Not great, but not the worst throw you'll ever see a professional QB make. I don't think Watson played it well either. 

Watson could become an absolute beast if he would start using his size to attack the ball.  He seems to prefer to wait on the ball to get to him even when defenders are closing in on it.  Go up and claim that football .. maybe it results in a catch or a pass interference call.  There was another on along the sidelines that he could have had if he would have used his body to shield the defender better.  In the first preseason game he waited on the deep ball and the Cincy safety knocked it away.  He's got 5" on that kid .. go snag that ball instead of waiting around.  I'm not absolving Love .. he's got make better throws on deep balls .. it's an obvious area where he needs improvement.

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

Slightly under thrown is an exaggeration. He had 5 steps on the DB and had to completely stop while two dbs barrel down on him and hit his arms. If that was Rodgers you would all of had an aneurysm. That was on Love nearly entirely. Watson could have possibly caught it but he did his job on the route. Having to stop entirely while two guys hit him and his arms made that catch anything but easy. 85% on Love 15% on Watson not being able to hold on. Good throw it's a walk in TD while Love had a wide open pocket. 

His long ball will improve and they'll connect many times this year. That was just a dud throw but not a huge deal. He'll start to dial that in.

1kxup2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It isn't a bad comp, though, either.

I think the real comp for Love, mobility wise and how he plays (or should play), is simple.  It's Aaron Rodgers.

Run if it is there, extend a few plays, but always looking to throw first.

I don’t see it at all with Hurts. 

Rodgers is a good one 

3 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Slightly under thrown is an exaggeration. He had 5 steps on the DB and had to completely stop while two dbs barrel down on him and hit his arms. If that was Rodgers you would all of had an aneurysm. That was on Love nearly entirely. Watson could have possibly caught it but he did his job on the route. Having to stop entirely while two guys hit him and his arms made that catch anything but easy. 85% on Love 15% on Watson not being able to hold on

Speaking of exaggerations lol…

Jordon Love was drafted with Dillon and Deguara. If you look at the O backfield sometimes they are all right there. Dillon would go in the games frequently and Deguara did like gadget plays every once in a while. Like being conscripted in an old timey war, where the soldiers are standing in line to sign up and receive their standard issue equipment. It's Dillon first into the trenches and he's laughing. Deguara is much more serious. Now it's Love's turn.

Bears game should be fun. Chicago fan's will hate Love and it will cause them to grow emotionally.

On 8/28/2023 at 4:03 PM, thrILL! said:

Speaking of exaggerations lol…

Talk about lacking common sense. The bad throw made that play 10x harder to make. Very few guys in the league  have the hand strength to make that catch after having to stop. Watson did his job and Love left to the ball 5 yards short, the wind is no excuse for that bad of a ball when you had time and could step into the throw. 

Blaming Watson on that ball more than Love is idiotic. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Any of you guys watch this guy's stuff? I find it pretty interesting. He doesn't sugar coat **** and gives a pretty well explained play by play analysis. 

Just thought I'd link this in case some of you were interested. 

He's pretty good .. he roasted Fields and the Bears offense vs. buffalo last week.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Any of you guys watch this guy's stuff? I find it pretty interesting. He doesn't sugar coat **** and gives a pretty well explained play by play analysis. 

Just thought I'd link this in case some of you were interested. 

Looking forward to watching this later. Check out Kurt Warner's breakdown too if you haven't yet.

• Like 1