Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

4 minutes ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

Another one obsessed with my life.

Troll someone else loser. Got it? 

Get a grip nobody gives a **** about your life, your imaginary wife or your ****ty football takes.

Chill it with the death threats, you might not be able to edit them before someone who cares sees it next time.

• Like 2

Love's deep ball needs some fine-tuning to be sure, but I'd rather have that be the area of concern vs the short/intermediate stuff.  All things considered, Love has looked better than I expected.  I expect this season to be a bumpy ride, but I think the plan GB had with Love is right on track.

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Love's deep ball needs some fine-tuning to be sure, but I'd rather have that be the area of concern vs the short/intermediate stuff.  All things considered, Love has looked better than I expected.  I expect this season to be a bumpy ride, but I think the plan GB had with Love is right on track.

Might be worth a look, but seems like most of the deep balls underthrown were to Watson.  Might be an underestimating of the speed relative to the other WR 

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Might be worth a look, but seems like most of the deep balls underthrown were to Watson.  Might be an underestimating of the speed relative to the other WR 

The coaches have been working with him this year on his long throws by asking he put more air under his throws which he is doing.  Understandably, he now may be putting too much air under his throws and not driving it enough so it cuts through the wind better.  He should get better with the deep throws over time as he figures out the right balance of air under the throw and the amount drive he needs to throw it with.  It was a really windy day yesterday in Lambeau field and it seemed to effect his throws. Same was true in the practices I attended when it was windy.

I'm even more concerned with how Watson is still not adjusting to the ball well on those deep throws.  Adams would have caught that ball easily.  Reed would catch it as he is a natural hands catcher.  Deep throws on a windy day are rarely perfect and requires your receiver to adjust and help the quarterback. When you look at still frames of Watson his hand position is terrible when the ball is about to come into him.  He is not aggressively catching the ball with his hands plucking or grabbing the ball.  Rather he is body catching it. Watson's got big hands, but he needs to use them better.

The second thing I still want to see improvement from Love on is his footwork. It was his biggest problem several years ago and its still a work in progress when he is scanning across the field.  Luckily he has Tom Clemens who is one of the best in drilling that into quarterbacks.

The long ball to Watson in the first preseason game was right on the money, but he didn't hold the safety long enough in the middle of the field. Great play by the safety.  He'll learn from that, but it had nothing to do with accuracy.

Yesterday, someone in the gameday forum alluded to it being very windy and the wind was in his face. 

I think you are all overreacting a bit or nitpicking. 

Jordan Love has shown all he needs to show to be an outstanding NFL quarterback. So excited for this year. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Kurt Warner film breakdown of Love from Preseason G1 and G2

Warner is certainly someone whose opinion I respect, so it's pretty encouraging to hear what he has to say about Love's ability to recognize where to go with the ball.

What he has to say about Love's mechanics... not so encouraging, but I expect that is easier to get corrected than bad decision making.