Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Woah ... different strokes for different folks.   Rush is one of the greatest bands of all time!

I can understand a "Rush? I don't get it, I hate that guy's voice take." Calling their entire oeuvre horsecrap is a whole different ballgame. 

And I say that as someone who respects the crap out of what Rush do, and I really wish I liked it more. But that's on me - phenomenal musicans and songwriters and by all accounts absolutely great guys. 

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

National treasure of Canadia? 

Who are the Canadian national heroes? Bret Hart, Dudley Do-Right, and Geddy Lee?

I am racist against Canadians.

They have kids playing hockey on their money. It's like they want us to make fun of them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If Love turns out to be good, do we put Tom Clements in the ring of honor/ retire his name?

The interesting thing with Clements and I'll add Bisaccia in there also, the best Asst. coaches on the team are coaches that MLF was forced to add to his staff. In his time as HC the best assistants he has had are what he inherited with the carryover defensive staff, and they are all gone now except for Montgomery. Has Montgomery gotten anything out of the young DL prospects he has been handed? The only thing that has happened on his watch is that DL players underachieved.

Bisaccia and Clements both are successful because they make their players accountable, a trait that marshmallow Matt and the types he likes to hire don't have the testicles to do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, R T said:

The interesting thing with Clements and I'll add Bisaccia in there also, the best Asst. coaches on the team are coaches that MLF was forced to add to his staff. In his time as HC the best assistants he has had are what he inherited with the carryover defensive staff, and they are all gone now except for Montgomery. Has Montgomery gotten anything out of the young DL prospects he has been handed? The only thing that has happened on his watch is that DL players underachieved.

Bisaccia and Clements both are successful because they make their players accountable, a trait that marshmallow Matt and the types he likes to hire don't have the testicles to do. 

In defense of Montgomery, what have we had to work with on the DL? Since Clark and Lowry, in 2016, we have drafted: Montravius Adams, James Looney, Kingsley Keke, TJ Slaton, Devonte Wyatt, and Jonathan Ford.  We haven't been addressing this room with a whole lot.  That is one per year, and most were day 3 picks.  You always want more from a first round pick than we got from Wyatt last season.  But I think Slaton has turned out pretty good from the underachiever at Florida to a solid hand in the NFL.