Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

A lot of defensive players are going out of their way to give a full hearted endorsement of Jordan. Idt they do that if they didn’t think he could play 

I agree to some extent but if it’s from one of our player’s, it’s still just the company line. If a player was just trashing their QB before his first season starting, that would be something. Also, any little doubt mentioned will get blown out of proportion by the medias. I think Rasul is telling it straight but none of us including Jordan know how good he is until we see a season with him vs defenses game planning and adjusting to him. I’m optimistic but there is plenty of uncertainty. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I agree to some extent but if it’s from one of our player’s, it’s still just the company line. If a player was just trashing their QB before his first season starting, that would be something. Also, any little doubt mentioned will get blown out of proportion by the medias. I think Rasul is telling it straight but none of us including Jordan know how good he is until we see a season with him vs defenses game planning and adjusting to him. I’m optimistic but there is plenty of uncertainty. 

I'm 100% on the J-Love bandwagon, but hard to disagree with anything you wrote. 

I'll take a little exception with Love himself not knowing if he's any good. I damn sure hope he knows he's good and will be the man. 

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm 100% on the J-Love bandwagon, but hard to disagree with anything you wrote. 

I'll take a little exception with Love himself not knowing if he's any good. I damn sure hope he knows he's good and will be the man. 

Believe and know are two different things for me. Of course he’d better believe in himself, we’ll all know when the body of work bears out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

I’m not saying that he definitely going to be good. Obviously we do not know. 

These guys could easily give a generic ‘ he’s our guy and we’re going to support him’ type answer. 

It seems like they’re sticking their necks out a bit further. And saying things they don’t have to say. Propping him up more than what is expected 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

These guys could easily give a generic ‘ he’s our guy and we’re going to support him’ type answer. 

It seems like they’re sticking their necks out a bit further. And saying things they don’t have to say. Propping him up more than what is expected 

I agree. If you watch that interview with Sul, he does temper it a bit saying he’s not ARod, nobody really is and he can make the throws but will have to prove he can do it under fire. Anyway, today is the day of less talk, more action- camp has finally started! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It could be but when you look at other teams it seems comparable. The Bears players were all in on Mitch Trubisky, now Fields. The players on the teams that traded for Carson Wentz were all in as well, until they weren't.

I'm 100% in Love's corner, but I can see @Refugee's point. 

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It could be but when you look at other teams it seems comparable. The Bears players were all in on Mitch Trubisky, now Fields. The players on the teams that traded for Carson Wentz were all in as well, until they weren't.

This is the internet.  You can't agree to someone else's viewpoint, can you?  :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Ya for sure. And like I say, idt it means he’s going to be good. 

Guys like Sul, Jaire , Campbell seem like pretty honest and tell it as they saw it guys. And I do think they are confident. 

38 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ya for sure. And like I say, idt it means he’s going to be good. 

Guys like Sul, Jaire , Campbell seem like pretty honest and tell it as they saw it guys. And I do think they are confident. 

Locker room has got to have a much different feel without Rodgers.  No sure if that is good or bad, but I'll bet it is a "lighter" feel.

Not sure if that will equate to more wins and losses.  Really this year is on the coaches.  We are just so young that we are going to need all those coaches to step up, because the grizzled old vets aren't around as much anymore.

On 7/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, MaximusGluteus said:

Don't think I had ever heard a Frank Zappa song before clicking on that link.  JFC that was awful.

I'm pretty into music and I don't get it. I recognize it takes talent to play what he's playing, but I just hear elaborate elevator music. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I'm pretty into music and I don't get it. I recognize it takes talent to play what he's playing, but I just hear elaborate elevator music. 

I never understood how anyone can listen to Rush.  Technically excellent musicians.  But it sounds like horse****.  

• Like 1