QBR: 26th
Turnover Worthy Play%: 30th
TD%: 14th
INT%: 22d
On Target%: 21st
Catchable pass%: 23rd
Adjusted Comp%: 27th
EPA/play: 21st

I'll be disappointed and surprised if he doesn't.

• Like 2

Those are some pretty grim stats.  Wow, hadn't seen it presented quite like that before.  And they were .500 team going into the final week despite that.  

Hard to me to grasp how much of that to attribute to the QB himself; to his injury; to the line; to the receivers; and how much to attribute to the play-calling and offensive design.  Obviously the play-caller won't change.  But both the line and the receivers and the TE's will all change a lot.  

Go Love go.  

1 hour ago, craig said:

Those are some pretty grim stats.  Wow, hadn't seen it presented quite like that before.  And they were .500 team going into the final week despite that.  

Hard to me to grasp how much of that to attribute to the QB himself; to his injury; to the line; to the receivers; and how much to attribute to the play-calling and offensive design.  Obviously the play-caller won't change.  But both the line and the receivers and the TE's will all change a lot.  

Go Love go.  

The play caller will not change technically, but it will change drastically. Love will not be checking out and doing his own thing like Rodgers does. MLF's whole offense will be on display this season. We'll get a real look at it for the first time. 

The thing that's really going to be noticeable will be the speed at the WR and TE positions. Last year with any combination of Lazard, Cobb and Lewis, the Packers had some of the slowest starting receivers in the NFL on the field. Watson out wide, Reed in the slot and Musgrave at TE will be the fastest guys the Packers have had at those positions in our memory. The question is how soon they can be in sync with Love. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

The thing that's really going to be noticeable will be the speed at the WR and TE positions. Last year with any combination of Lazard, Cobb and Lewis, the Packers had some of the slowest starting receivers in the NFL on the field. Watson out wide, Reed in the slot and Musgrave at TE will be the fastest guys the Packers have had at those positions in our memory. The question is how soon they can be in sync with Love. 

On both sides of the ball we should have some true speed. I hope LaFluer and Steno maximize that while still keeping things relatively simple for Love’s early starts.  Love should have a little extra juice on the ground, too although he won’t have the play diagnostics that AR had.  Rodgers was still pretty good with his feet even late in his career because he had great awareness of where guys were in any given defense but JL will obviously have better acceleration than the old man. Of course, we want to see him become a dynamic passer and smart QB but you never want to take any card out of your deck and sometimes you just have to go out there and get the line to gain by any means possible. Damn I could really use something tangible to cheer for right now, we are truly in the dead zone. 

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The play caller will not change technically, but it will change drastically. Love will not be checking out and doing his own thing like Rodgers does. MLF's whole offense will be on display this season. We'll get a real look at it for the first time. 

I admit fear about that.  Like so many things, who knows?  

I'm usually an optimist about Packer things.  But I'm pretty nervous about seeing MLF's offense unchecked.  Fingers crossed.  Hopefully with speed, younger-legs QB who can extend plays, and ideally healthier and better o-line, maybe the passing game will expand and improve.  Maybe a lot?  

1 hour ago, craig said:

I admit fear about that.  Like so many things, who knows?  

I'm usually an optimist about Packer things.  But I'm pretty nervous about seeing MLF's offense unchecked.  Fingers crossed.  Hopefully with speed, younger-legs QB who can extend plays, and ideally healthier and better o-line, maybe the passing game will expand and improve.  Maybe a lot?  

We're going to throw the ball over the middle of the field this year. That in and of itself is an improvement. I'm excited for this year more than any in recent memory. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:15 PM, Brat&Beer said:

I'll be disappointed and surprised if he doesn't.

Love probably won't make the "holy crap" sorts of precision throws that were Rodgers bread-and-butter during his prime, and occasionally cropped up last year.  But he is going to run the offense and throw to the open guy, something that Rodgers hated doing last year.

• Like 1