Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

On 1/2/2024 at 11:39 AM, Mazrimiv said:

Next year's pre-season QB rankings on this site should be amusing, with the majority of non-GB fans still in denial that Love is legit.

Can you blame them? lol. Imagine being a fan of one of these teams that haven't had an elite QB in like 30 years (especially Chicago) when the Packers have had 2 HOF QBs and now looks to be back to back to back good/great QBs. I'd be in denial too. Then on top of it, it also looks like gutey may have just replicated something similar to the guys below after they all tried to say Love would suck and so would non first round pass catchers. 

It has to feel like a bad dream you can't wake up from.

aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-receiver

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 4

Just now, incognito_man said:

hoping for a juicy 2024 Jordan Love MVP betting odds line this offseason

just looking at this offense, how they're finishing, and the talent

...long whistle

I know it's probably a fool's errand but also hoping the refusal by soem to accept him somehow factors into Love's contract #s.

Gotta hand it to Love and his supporting cast.  They have us on the brink of securing a spot in the post season.  Not done yet, but didn't think we'd be here.  Tip of the cap to them.  👍👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

TBH, fantasy points for QBs isn't a half-bad ranking system. I bet Allen, Hurts and Lamar are also in the top 5 (if not the top 3).

1. Allen

2. Hurts

3. Lamar

4. Dak

5. Love

6. Purdy

7. Mahomes

8. Goff

9. Baker

10. Tua

11. Howell

12. Russ

Mahomes was a complete and utter bust for where he was drafted. Love, Purdy, Baker were all big time league winners considering they were drafted late or undrafted. Especially Love, as his success continued in the playoffs. This is why I always go QB late, and preferably TE late too. 

Dumb naive question.  Does Jordan Love drop back deeper than Rodgers?  If so, what is logic, pros-and-cons, in doing so?  Sincere question, I'm trying to learn and understand better.  

My perception is that Love is often looking and throwing from ~10-12 yards behind the line, on shotgun snaps.  Rodgers I thought tended to more ~8-9 yards.  

1. Am I imagining things, and there is no difference?  
  2. Does being a little taller (6'4" vs 6'2") just make longer step-back strides?  
  3. Does deeper drop enable better perception of pass-rush?  Can better see whether either tackle is caving or is getting looped, without needing to take eyes off receivers?  
  4. Does being a little deeper just require more time for rush to there?  

I'm probably just imagining, but yeah, it just kinda looks like Love is back further; so when a tackle is getting beat Love is just a little further removed from damage, with a little more time to see the pressure developing and respond.  

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

So like I said, elite QB and Pass catchers in 2023 and a horrendous defense. Time is a flat circle 

Hopefully they will learn something this time around and make big strides on that side over the off season. Getting kinda tired of hoping that it happens every year though...

I gotta say, the 10 year 400 million dollar contract I wanted to give Love prior to his extension looks pretty darn good right about now doesn't it. He might still take it if we can get the guarantees up to where Lamar and DeShaun are with guaranteed money. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can you blame them? lol. Imagine being a fan of one of these teams that haven't had an elite QB in like 30 years (especially Chicago) when the Packers have had 2 HOF QBs and now looks to be back to back to back. I'd be in denial too. Then on top of it, it also looks like gutey may have just replicated something similar to the guys below after they all tried to say Love would suck and so would non first round pass catchers. 

It has to feel like a bad dream you can't wake up from.

aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-receiver

No wonder Rodgers was pissed at the end. His best WR/TE group only had 6 studs. LOL

Love is going to have 8 next year: Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Heath, Melton, Musgrave and Kraft. Unless we draft another one! 🙂

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I gotta say, the 10 year 400 million dollar contract I wanted to give Love prior to his extension looks pretty darn good right about now doesn't it. He might still take it if we can get the guarantees up to where Lamar and DeShaun are with guaranteed money. 

It'd be great if he where to accept a 10-year 500M contract.