Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

On 7/23/2024 at 10:51 AM, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't really think there's any way that Rodgers can sniff the SB in New York.  Too many killers in the AFC and the Jets aren't even the class of their division, let alone conference. 

Jets have a good, if thin, roster; a little luck or being hot in the playoffs goes a long way. And if we're judging teams starting with the QB, I'd definitely want Rodgers ahead of Tua, and while some may prefer Allen, Rodgers is less likely to do something shockingly dumb than Allen. 

But you are correct - even if you can view the Jets as not being any worse than Mia or the in-flux Bills, that still leaves them pretty clearly behind KC, Bal, and Cin in the AFC pecking order. 

23 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Favre went scorched earth on the Packers organization in a way that Rodgers didn't even approach.  Still, I remember the good moments of Favre's time in GB much more than the bad.  Same for Rodgers.  Both were frustrating in that so many good teams didn't get it done in the playoffs.

This. 

Rodgers was annoying, weird, and petulant, but he wasn't pulling last minute reversals and fake retirements to get his way. 

It's also worth mentioning that the Rodgers/Love relationship was (and apparently is?) far better than the Favre/Rodgers situation - ARod has been pretty open that he thinks JLo is a great guy and super-talented (unless I missed something).

Rodgers will retire and in a couple years he'll come back to Lambeau to get his jersey retired, and a bit after that he'll go to Canton and get cheered by the Packer faithful, and all will be forgotten, mostly. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 10:25 PM, oldmansmell said:

I might even go as far as to say that if you don't shed a few tears at the Favre documentary (which you may or may not force people to watch on your birthday because it's the only time anyone will let you play that), you're not a Packer fan, and more importantly you might not be a football fan.      

Brent stans are something else lol.

Edited by thrILL!
linguistic mechanism
  • Like 1

My take on the quarterbacks of years past is pretty simple. Loved watching both Favre and Rodgers play. When they became bigger than the team it was time to go. 

I look back at both of their careers fondly. Great Packer players no matter how you slice it. 

I'm old enough to remember all of the 70's and 80's. I remember the tail end of the 60's after Lombardi. When they weren't very good. Travis Williams is still one of my all-time favorite Packers. 

I hope Love has a career that matches what Favre and Rodgers had. I'll continue to root for him unless he becomes what Favre and Rodgers turned into. I hope he does not but fame and being a star quarterback tends to change a whole lot of people. 

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

My take on the quarterbacks of years past is pretty simple. Loved watching both Favre and Rodgers play. When they became bigger than the team it was time to go. 

I look back at both of their careers fondly. Great Packer players no matter how you slice it. 

I'm old enough to remember all of the 70's and 80's. I remember the tail end of the 60's after Lombardi. When they weren't very good. Travis Williams is still one of my all-time favorite Packers. 

I hope Love has a career that matches what Favre and Rodgers had. I'll continue to root for him unless he becomes what Favre and Rodgers turned into. I hope he does not but fame and being a star quarterback tends to change a whole lot of people. 

LOL .. you and I are from the same time span.  We remember the 60's Packer teams and endured everything since.  Been quite the ride with more to come!

It's night and day for me. Rodgers is a difficult fella and it was time for both sides to do something new, but there's not really any animosity there. 

Favre in the other hand wanted to give the organization a middle finger, and forgot that includes the fans (owners). I don't think he regrets it, or would make any different choices if he could do it again. I find it meaningless to forgive someone who doesn't regret their actions.

• Like 3

I don't see any need to forgive anyone.  The NFL is a business, and these guys make business decisions.  The aging (39) Favre thought he was still too big of a star for GB to move on, and he found out the hard way that he was quite mistaken.  He was ticked about it after the fact, and wanted some petty revenge.  It was never that big of a deal.  He gave far more to GB fans than he took.

22 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Brent stans are something else lol.

Favre was a great player and I am very thankful for getting to watch him play. However, recent events have kind of shown he's likely not a quality person and it and his behavior to get our of GB and especially going to MN tarnished his legacy.

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He mentioned Jordan Morgan is going to play RG. Interesting! 

it's a full tilt battle between rhyan and he to lock down that G spot... when Telfort jumped in to run with the 1s i think that showed how much they want to see reps from Morgan there so they know what they have/if they need to find something else.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

it's a full tilt battle between rhyan and he to lock down that G spot... when Telfort jumped in to run with the 1s i think that showed how much they want to see reps from Morgan there so they know what they have/if they need to find something else.

You think LT is out for Morgan this year? 

Just now, Old Guy said:

You think LT is out for Morgan this year? 

I think they want to find a G first. Think they're entirely comfortable with Walker for the year if they need Morgan inside more.

Injuries can/will always shake it up.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I think they want to find a G first. Think they're entirely comfortable with Walker for the year if they need Morgan inside more.

Injuries can/will always shake it up.

It's just interesting when you hear a guy like Belichick say Morgan is a LT during his draft analysis. 

I also heard some of the draftniks say they didn't think Morgan had the functional strength to play inside.

I'm no expert, don't pretend to be one, but If those statements are true, why are we screwing around. Still on board with going and getting Connor Williams, knowing he might start the season on PUP.