Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

3 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I love the optimism in the thread, and I think Gute and MLF have done a great job fielding a team around Love that can be competitive despite the $40 million in dead Rodgers cap.

The thing is- Love’s completion percentage in the 50’s and his yards per attempt in the 6 range isn’t going to cut it for long.  

We’ll see what happens when the linemen, Jones, and Watson get back, but things need to improve.  Can’t count on knocking the opposing QB out of the game each week.

When you consider he is a first year starter and he orchestrated the biggest comeback in team history is hard not have optimism.  He is going to be up and down a lot this year.  As long as he continues to improve like this I'm a happy Packers fan no matter what our record is at the end of the season.

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why are we using completion percentage and not something like NY/A?

It isn’t one or the other.  Incompletions are nonproductive plays that adversely affect down and distance as well as third down conversions.

I am as hopeful as anybody that it will improve, but from a practical perspective it is going to have to if the offense is going to put enough points on the board.

• Like 1

bottom line is that these receivers kind of suck/are playing out of their depth and it's definitely affecting Love.

Doubs can't really separate - not sure if that's a hammy thing or what.  He's a contested catch artist ill-suited to a No. 1 WR role.  At least he knows where to go in zone.

Reed is wildly inconsistent but he shows promise for sure.  Still not an every down guy, only playing 2/3 snaps.

Wicks had the WR play of the game on the 12 yard out - won against lattimore by getting him to turn then broke open towards the sideline.

Heath was a joke when targeted - not playing the position correctly.

Toure- kind of the invisible man

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

One thing that I loved about Love which he has picked up from Rodgers but I felt did it better than him was the fake handoff when he kept the ball, you know the one I'm talking about???? It was a thing of beauty

the zone read TD where he juked the NO MLB?

31 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

bottom line is that these receivers kind of suck/are playing out of their depth and it's definitely affecting Love.

Doubs can't really separate - not sure if that's a hammy thing or what.  He's a contested catch artist ill-suited to a No. 1 WR role.  At least he knows where to go in zone.

Reed is wildly inconsistent but he shows promise for sure.  Still not an every down guy, only playing 2/3 snaps.

Wicks had the WR play of the game on the 12 yard out - won against lattimore by getting him to turn then broke open towards the sideline.

Heath was a joke when targeted - not playing the position correctly.

Toure- kind of the invisible man

This post is why I do not at all care about completion % this year, only looking at if the ball is where it's supposed to be.  This offense right now has a lot of young intriguing players who could really be something going forward, but if you pause and just look at them right now in comparison to the rest of the league it is wildly understaffed.  

His top two WRs have a combined year 6 games experience, neither of whom were drafted in the top rounds. His top TE is a rookie with like 6 catches. His star RB played only one game and the fall off from 1 to 2 there is massive.  Not only are these guys just not very good or consistent yet, they are completely inexperienced.  Love isn't learning on the fly with established targets who understand the nuances to their positions, he is helming an offense with NFL babies who are just learning to walk.  It's absolutely absurd to me to look at box score completion % when judging QB play. Pretty much every down Love is has multiple targets on the field who are not only UDFAs but also rookies or second year guys.  There are established vets all over this league who would have struggled mightily in these circumstances.

I am beyond excited for the future.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nah, that's not remotely a bottom line lol

Heath/Toure Suck. Like actually Suck

Reed is wildly inconsistent.  Only 3 catches on 7 targets.  flat drop, his 2nd of the year.

Doubs is being asked to win against better players than he, and he can't.  Only 5 catches on 12 targets is bad

Wicks is the only player consistently helping out the QB, and he's drawing the easiest matchups.

There's no WR1.

Musgrave is getting open and should be the focus of the passing game until they fix the WR room.

You want Love's completion percentage to go up? Get him a damn RB who can actually threaten a LB and catch passes out of the backfield besides 33. Go watch Mahomes and how he and the Chiefs use McKinnon. That's the exact type of player this offense could use and none of our other backs can fill that roll. We've added speed at just about every other position on this team yet we have to have the slowest group of RBs in the league by a wide margin, even after averaging in Jones.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Heath/Toure Suck. Like actually Suck

Reed is wildly inconsistent.  Only 3 catches on 7 targets.  flat drop, his 2nd of the year.

Doubs is being asked to win against better players than he, and he can't.  Only 5 catches on 12 targets is bad

Wicks is the only player consistently helping out the QB, and he's drawing the easiest matchups.

There's no WR1.

Musgrave is getting open and should be the focus of the passing game until they fix the WR room.

Experience and a healthy Christian Watson will fix the WR room. I do agree Musgrave needs more targets.