Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s more of a coaching thing. They’re probably not going to be plus blockers to ever block DEs

Putting Preston on Tae is a coaching thing. TEs will be asked to block and at the very least chip edge guys on many downs. They’ve got to become better there but it might not be soon. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Putting Preston on Tae is a coaching thing. TEs will be asked to block and at the very least chip edge guys on many downs. They’ve got to become better there but it might not be soon. 

That stuff happens now and again, but shouldn't someone be calling a timeout when they see it?

25 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Either that or they need to fix the protection. Blocking for Luke isn’t at the top of the importance list. He just needs to be serviceable and willing 

I'm going to remain as fair to Love as I can be. It's early and he needs the full season at least for a true evaluation. That being said, I would like to see his play start to ascend versus descend. That's the most concerning part for me. His overall play has gotten worse as the season has gone along. I don't really care about stats in the grand scheme of things for this season, but I want to be able to take away some signs that he's improving with the mental aspect of the game, reading defenses, seeing the field, that kind of stuff. Without it, the physical stuff will never really matter. 

Week by week I just want to see some improvement. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That stuff happens now and again, but shouldn't someone be calling a timeout when they see it?

It just shouldn't happen with Preston at all. When's the last time you saw him drop into coverage and thought. Oh I'm comfortable with that. For all intents and purposes he should be considered a 3 point player, even if he's standing up.

I know someone's gotta drop in base. See if Duff or Quay get you some Sam looks

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It just shouldn't happen with Preston at all. When's the last time you saw him drop into coverage and thought. Oh I'm comfortable with that. For all intents and purposes he should be considered a 3 point player, even if he's standing up.

I know someone's gotta drop in base. See if Duff or Quay get you some Sam looks

It didn't look like that. It looked like they deliberately lined Adams up where Preston was because Barry's defense keeps such rigidly defined positions and doesn't seem designed to shift people around. Like, did Preston line up anywhere besides the Right Edge this game? Did any of the Edge Rushers shift from left to right?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

IWithout it, the physical stuff will never really matter. 

The physical stuff is moot only because it's clearly apparent that he has all the physical ability you would need to succeed as an NFL quarterback.

I think even his detractors would have to admit that at this point