Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'm sick of the way this franchise is run that's why I'm negative about it. I saw this season coming from a mile away and now we have the real possibility of getting stuck in QB purgatory for the next decade. All I see are people preaching patience when we should be panicking.

Probably because he's playing with essentially all rookie WR's and TE's.  Also the Offensive line hasn't been holding up either.  Kid hasn't really been given a fair shake.  Regardless a true franchise QB can elevate the play of those around him.  Not seeing that with Love.  And yes his accuracy does totally suck.  Kid better turn it around in a hurry all I have to say.  

Unless he balls out we'll be taking a QB and probably fairly high in the draft.  Figured it might take a a few shots before finding the right QB.  Takes some teams decades.  Packers have had a long history of excellent QB play.  I have faith that within a few years our new franchise QB will be in place.  Wish it was Love but as of now having some serious doubts. 

35 minutes ago, Norm said:

It isn't patience purely of "oh give him many years." I think we need to at least let the rest of the season to play out before we worry about any of that. 

There's also tons of people saying "he ain't it" but like always you pretend none of that stuff exists. 

This is a year to year league and we have a real chance to reset this upcoming off season. The rest of the year isn't going to end well and we all know it, what's the difference between us ending up with 4 wins or 6 wins at this point besides draft positioning? We have the capital to make a move regardless of where we end up inside the top 10. You need a star QB to win titles in today's game, if you don't have one you are drawing dead.

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

OK.  in the context of the situation, yes Jennings and Nelson became elite/alpha WR.  GB would benefit from having that type of WR.  Expecting a rookie/2nd year WR to be that player is asking a lot.  

I agree with this, which is why you'd have to use one of the other avenues to roster building to solve this issue. Assuming Love is the guy still in 2024 and we have our cap under control to allow at least some flexibility, I'd b looking to add a playmaker for Love.

14 minutes ago, StatKing said:

This is a year to year league and we have a real chance to reset this upcoming off season. The rest of the year isn't going to end well and we all know it, what's the difference between us ending up with 4 wins or 6 wins at this point besides draft positioning? We have the capital to make a move regardless of where we end up inside the top 10. You need a star QB to win titles in today's game, if you don't have one you are drawing dead.

Because it's not 100% that he can't be that. I wouldn't bet a cent on him becoming a star. But I have watched too much football and thought I was way too smart way too early too often. If he sucks as bad as you think, then we'll keep losing and we get the draft position. If not, we'll see. We can"reset" after this year BY playing him. And that's all I'm saying should be done and it's what will happen. 

We're not going to like start Clifford or anything so why not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I agree with this, which is why you'd have to use one of the other avenues to roster building to solve this issue. Assuming Love is the guy still in 2024 and we have our cap under control to allow at least some flexibility, I'd b looking to add a playmaker for Love.

Holy **** fb wants to sign free agent WRs, NO WAY

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I want the Packers to do for Love what the Eagles have done for Hurts. I guess that makes me a bad and/or unreasonable fan...

You wanted Dez Bryant's corpse once. Just because you can give me an an example of a team who spent resources at WR doing well means nothing.

Hurts got his new deal but I think it's pretty kind still so that helps. Love might be gone and we're on to the next but there will I'm sure be a day once we're not paying two guys who don't play a ton of money we can do more of that. 

Impossible to let AR leave before that last deal but that hurts right now. Then Bak falling apart.

I do think there will be more optimism for Love by the end of the year and I'm all for MHJ if he's at our pick somehow too.

That being said, FA WR market is horrible right now. It maybe would have to be trade or high pick or you just buy low and hope and that's not a "playmaker."

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I want the Packers to do for Love what the Eagles have done for Hurts. I guess that makes me a bad and/or unreasonable fan...

Jalen Hurts benefits more from that OL than he does from AJ Brown.

I would agree if Love could sit behind a line like that, he would be posting top 10 numbers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jalen Hurts benefits more from that OL than he does from AJ Brown.

I would agree if Love could sit behind a line like that, he would be posting top 10 numbers. 

I've been waiting for someone to do something like this because I didn't want to start it I guess. But there's an alternative universe where he plays with a much better cast and there's way more hype about his potential. Too much stuff has been ****-y around him so far for me to decide. I'm not high there right now but his demeanor type things makes me think he'll keep chugging and we'll start to look more in sync at times and that'll probably be looked at as Jordan's improvement but it might not even be much of that...

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Probably because he's playing with essentially all rookie WR's and TE's.  Also the Offensive line hasn't been holding up either.  Kid hasn't really been given a fair shake.  Regardless a true franchise QB can elevate the play of those around him.  Not seeing that with Love.  And yes his accuracy does totally suck.  Kid better turn it around in a hurry all I have to say.  

Unless he balls out we'll be taking a QB and probably fairly high in the draft.  Figured it might take a a few shots before finding the right QB.  Takes some teams decades.  Packers have had a long history of excellent QB play.  I have faith that within a few years our new franchise QB will be in place.  Wish it was Love but as of now having some serious doubts. 

Agree with most of this, Gute didn't give Love a ringing endorsement today at the PC  just said the next 10 game are important.   They are important and here's why,  If Love doesn't show he capable of being a franchise QB and show big improvement, theres a FA QB coming on the market this offseason: Ryan Tannehill, not the greatest QB of all time but one who MLF is very familiar with.  With possible HC and GM jobs on the line down the road, I won't be shock if they look at him.  They can't afford another year like this one has gone so far.  These next 10 game are VERY important for Mr Love.  JMO.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree with most of this, Gute didn't give Love a ringing endorsement today at the PC  just said the next 10 game are important.   They are important and here's why,  If Love doesn't show he capable of being a franchise QB and show big improvement, theres a FA QB coming on the market this offseason: Ryan Tannehill, not the greatest QB of all time but one who MLF is very familiar with.  With possible HC and GM jobs on the line down the road, I won't be shock if they look at him.  They can't afford another year like this one has gone so far.  These next 10 game are VERY important for Mr Love.  JMO.

I'd rather throw another season to Love even if he shows zero improvement than wasting time on someone like Tannehill with no real upside.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'd rather throw another season to Love even if he shows zero improvement than wasting time on someone like Tannehill with no real upside.

I hear what you are saying, but I think when Gute says the next 10 games are important, he means it.  It doesn't necessarily mean Tannehill but I don't think he's very happy and not just at QB.

Edited by NFLGURU

47 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think they've been a little lukewarm on Love for quite some time. I recall after his 2nd season there were some comments that came out about the Packers wanting to see Love let it rip and take charge of the offense.  They apparently felt he was falling in line behind Aaron Rodgers and wanted to see him take on more of a starters mentality.

They didn't sign him to the fifth year tender .. opted to sign him for something cheaper.  Probably a smart business move, but not exactly a signal that they thought he was some can't miss.  That was a hedge of sorts. 

LaFleur kept trying to tamp down expectations this past off-season.  That kind of pissed people off at the time, but has turned out to be prophetic.  He knew Love was going to have a rough go early on.  

Then they trade Rasul for better draft capital.  If they think they have a chance of competing this year they don't move Rasul. Not sure they do that deal if Love and the offense is performing at a high level. 

Then Gute doesn't give a ringing endorsement and says the final 10 games will be very important for Jordan Love.  I get the idea they are loading up in case they want a better signal caller in the draft. 

It's a tough deal for Jordan Love.  Lots of pressure to do something to show them that he's the guy.  I hope he starts lighting it up and shows everyone that he's the guy, but that remains to be seen and the Packers are preparing themselves to get into a position to act if he doesn't show them what they need to see. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1