Around the NFC East

turtle28

Apple was a big problem in the locker room going back to last season. A year ago the whole team was a train wreck but they tried to hold onto him and give him another chance. This years wreck however wasn’t survivable for him.  You could tell if he gets beat for a big play or gets a penalty he’s always smiling and laughing about it. If I was his teammate that would drive me nuts. Maybe his college buddy Michael Thomas straightens him out down in NOLA

• Like 1

I’m just happy that the Giants swung and missed big time on back to back top 10 picks, Flowers and then Apple! That’s really hurt them and set them back a few years. 

As an OSU fan, I always thought Apple was overdrafted by about a round. I was shocked when he was being talked about as a top 20 pick and I knew nothing about his goofy personality which seems to be the biggest issue.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I’m just happy that the Giants swung and missed big time on back to back top 10 picks, Flowers and then Apple! That’s really hurt them and set them back a few years. 

As an OSU fan, I always thought Apple was overdrafted by about a round. I was shocked when he was being talked about as a top 20 pick and I knew nothing about his goofy personality which seems to be the biggest issue.

I knew there was something about you turtle I didn't like.  OSU fan.  PSU fan here.  :D  Anyway you are absolutely right missing on two number one picks that high is almost as bad as us giving up so many picks to the Rams to get RGIII.  That is why I don't want to give up any picks anymore, looks like the front office (well for the most part anyway) has done very well with our last two number one picks.  Even Doctson I think is serviceable and will turn out ok.  Only issue for me and I know you and I disagree is Smith.  The dude may not be able to play at a high level for us.  If the next couple of Sundays he doesn't improve (especially playing Ds that are not world class)  I just don't see how he can be a serviceable QB.

2 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I knew there was something about you turtle I didn't like.  OSU fan.  PSU fan here.  :D  Anyway you are absolutely right missing on two number one picks that high is almost as bad as us giving up so many picks to the Rams to get RGIII.  That is why I don't want to give up any picks anymore, looks like the front office (well for the most part anyway) has done very well with our last two number one picks.  Even Doctson I think is serviceable and will turn out ok.  Only issue for me and I know you and I disagree is Smith.  The dude may not be able to play at a high level for us.  If the next couple of Sundays he doesn't improve (especially playing Ds that are not world class)  I just don't see how he can be a serviceable QB.

Hey, not everyone can always root for the right college team. 

Well, I don’t know how a QB can play how Smith played last year and then it can be determined that he’s not capable of playing at least close to that again. 

I agree he’s been up and down this year but he also has had his top TE quit on a route which resulted in an int vs GB. He’s had PRich & Doc drop a few passes the first two weeks of the year. He would’ve had a 77-yd TD pass if Jamar Taylor hadn’t grabbed PRich’s arm in week 1. He’s had to deal with PRich playing hurt and missing last weeks game, CT, Crowder and Doctson missing a game or more. 

Our OL hasn’t been great at protecting him and our WRs haven’t been wining right away on routes.

Now he’s had his issues as well - he’s missed a few WRs for TDs but that happens with every QB, no one is perfect - still, these are clearly reasons why our passing game hasn’t t looked as good as it can if everyone is out there together for a month or two all playing together.

16 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Probably not and too much money. We have our beasts on the cheap?

How so? He’s only set to make $7M this year with a quarter of it already paid by the Giants. The Lions are in the hook for like $4.5M which is basically nothing for a talent like Snacks. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How so? He’s only set to make $7M this year with a quarter of it already paid by the Giants. The Lions are in the hook for like $4.5M which is basically nothing for a talent like Snacks. 

DL is the last place on the roster I’d be looking to bring in people.