2023 WC Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

Just want good basketball cause that East match up gonna be gross and this is our only chance of having good basketball in these conference finals 

Jokic/AD gonna be must watch

Think this series comes down to MPJ and Gordon and how well Denver is able to make AD play outside the paint. They should look at what the Warriors did with the high screen and then spread the other 3 guys out. 

Edited by agarcia34

As long as the Lakers aren’t getting a 30 attempt advantage at the line this one should wrap up relatively quickly I’d say Denver in 5 but suspect the shenanigans will continue. Lakers just don’t pass the eye test when I watch them play but we all know they won’t have to do it on there own. Not sure how much I’ll watch I’ve hit an 06 level of disgust with this entertainment industry. 

3 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

As long as the Lakers aren’t getting a 30 attempt advantage at the line this one should wrap up relatively quickly I’d say Denver in 5 but suspect the shenanigans will continue. Lakers just don’t pass the eye test when I watch them play but we all know they won’t have to do it on there own. Not sure how much I’ll watch I’ve hit an 06 level of disgust with this entertainment industry. 

The cope...ouch.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

You're really going down with the ship, aren't you?

• Like 1

LeBron is going to have a tough time against Gordon on the perimeter but if his shot is on, then he can still be very effective and control the tempo of the games. The Nuggets bench players will need to hit their shots as the Lakers won't let Jokic play as much one on one as the Suns did. Gordon/Green/Brown/Braun will be getting wide open threes from the corner and they just have to hit them or else the games are going to turn into a big grind and that favors the Lakers. 

Very tough series to call but it comes down to game 1. If the Lakers win it, then they take this in six just like they did the previous two series. If not? Then Nuggets in six. Lakers best chance to take one on the road will be game 1 as they get two days off as the series will be played every other day after game 1.

AD's been too special defensively this postseason for me to go against the Lakers. 

Lakers in 6.

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LeBron is going to have a tough time against Gordon on the perimeter but if his shot is on, then he can still be very effective and control the tempo of the games. The Nuggets bench players will need to hit their shots as the Lakers won't let Jokic play as much one on one as the Suns did. Gordon/Green/Brown/Braun will be getting wide open threes from the corner and they just have to hit them or else the games are going to turn into a big grind and that favors the Lakers. 

Very tough series to call but it comes down to game 1. If the Lakers win it, then they take this in six just like they did the previous two series. If not? Then Nuggets in six. Lakers best chance to take one on the road will be game 1 as they get two days off as the series will be played every other day after game 1.

AD's been too special defensively this postseason for me to go against the Lakers. 

Lakers in 6.

I'm interested in why you think the Lakers winning game 1 means the Nuggets won't be able to win one back on the road. The Grizzlies and the Warriors were literally the 2 most hapless road teams in the playoffs, both struggled hard all year long at winning on the road. Denver can win on the road, and I don't think the series gets wrapped up in 6 just cause of the Lakers stealing one of the first 2 on the road. 

This is gonna be a banger series I think. I'll go with Nugs in 7 but this could go either way. I think both teams split the home games to start, and the home teams win games 5-7.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LeBron averaged 25/7/7 while shooting 48% from the field against Denver in 3 games this season.  LeBron will be fine.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

I'm interested in why you think the Lakers winning game 1 means the Nuggets won't be able to win one back on the road. The Grizzlies and the Warriors were literally the 2 most hapless road teams in the playoffs, both struggled hard all year long at winning on the road. Denver can win on the road, and I don't think the series gets wrapped up in 6 just cause of the Lakers stealing one of the first 2 on the road. 

This is gonna be a banger series I think. I'll go with Nugs in 7 but this could go either way. I think both teams split the home games to start, and the home teams win games 5-7.

The Nuggets CAN win even if the Lakers win game 1. Definitely possible but I just think the Lakers continue holding serve at home if they get the early split. And yes, Lakers escaped tight game 4s in the first two rounds but we have seen LeBron teams do this for YEARS in the playoffs. He is the master at playing the possession by possession game by completely slowing the game down. 

AD's defense is just unreal and that's the tie-breaker for me in this series. Jokic is special enough to overcome it though. 

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LeBron averaged 25/7/7 while shooting 48% from the field against Denver in 3 games this season.  LeBron will be fine.

All games played before foot injury. But yes, he should be fine as usual. Gordon is big and strong enough to challenge this version of Bron at the perimeter and even in the paint. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

LeBron will be fine because he's LeBron, that's plain and simple, but it is worth mentioning that he has worse numbers vs Gordon as his primary defender than literally anyone else. In his entire career.