2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

So Lamar Jackson is the benchmark for what all the Fields truthers strive for him to become?

A guy who consistently chokes in the playoffs and who is still limited as a pocket passing QB?

Ya I'll take the Mahomes type ceiling vs. Jackson thanks 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I just can't see any way they could make it work to get up far enough...Bowers goes top 10 IMO...the Chiefs have so much money tied up in the top of their roster that they need draft picks in order to fill some of their spots...Jones & Sneed will need paid this offseason...next offseason they have Humphrey & Smith to pay...going to need to offset some of that with rookies.

They have to get new weapons regardless. So giving up some to go get possibly the 2nd or 3rd best of the class that is falling just because he’s a TE?

Bowers is almost assuredly not to go Top 5, so the price drops big time from there. And there’s a decent chance he’s still there at 9/10/11 depending on the defenders that go, and if someone reaches for Daniel’s.

So what if it costs next years first (likely in the late 20s or after) and like a 4th this year to move up from 31/32? Seems like something they would have to do. Especially if you believe you can have 2+ years with both Kelce and Bowers.

Their window is wide open right now, you have to keep doing as much as you can to keep it going. Figure out the contracts later, you won’t always be able to keep everyone and you won’t have everyone on their same contracts as they are now (Taylor)

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So Lamar Jackson is the benchmark for what all the Fields truthers strive for him to become?

A guy who consistently chokes in the playoffs and who is still limited as a pocket passing QB?

Ya I'll take the Mahomes type ceiling vs. Jackson thanks 

Pretending you wouldnt take Lamar Jackson is a whole nother level of delusion. Just stop it

So is pretending Williams is going to be at Mahomes level, you know a level that no other QB has ever been at?

Is that where the staunch reluctance to even talk about other options from the Williams camp? That you honestly believe there is some real chance that he is Patrick Mahomes? If so, I’ve got a few Bridges for sale

Edited by StLunatic88

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They have to get new weapons regardless. So giving up some to go get possibly the 2nd or 3rd best of the class that is falling just because he’s a TE?

Bowers is almost assuredly not to go Top 5, so the price drops big time from there. And there’s a decent chance he’s still there at 9/10/11 depending on the defenders that go, and if someone reaches for Daniel’s.

So what if it costs next years first (likely in the late 20s or after) and like a 4th this year to move up from 31/32? Seems like something they would have to do. Especially if you believe you can have 2+ years with both Kelce and Bowers.

Their window is wide open right now, you have to keep doing as much as you can to keep it going. Figure out the contracts later, you won’t always be able to keep everyone and you won’t have everyone on their same contracts as they are now (Taylor)

I still struggle to see it...would be unfair to the rest of the league if it happens haha...

If anything it should probably give us more hope that if we did enough in FA that we could then take Bowers at #9 to give Caleb the ultimate safety blanket.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If anything it should probably give us more hope that if we did enough in FA that we could then take Bowers at #9

Just looking at the Top 8, you are almost assured 2 QBs, at least 2 WRs and probably 2 OTs but at least one for sure.

So then if someone feels they need to take/move up to take Jalen Daniel’s, plus that 2nd OT, and if Turner or Arnold (or both) and not to mention you could also have Odunze go ahead of him if a Team has a TE it doesn’t feel they are as important to their offense.

Going 10 or 11 for Bowers is absolutely not out of the question, especially since the Kyle Pitts pick keeps getting more and more ridicule

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Pretending you wouldnt take Lamar Jackson is a whole nother level of delusion. Just stop it

So is pretending Williams is going to be at Mahomes level, you know a level that no other QB has ever been at?

Is that where the staunch reluctance to even talk about other options from the Williams camp? That you honestly believe there is some real chance that he is Patrick Mahomes? If so, I’ve got a few Bridges for sale

If we didn't have the #1 pick sure I'd take Lamar Jackson but we do so I'm aiming for higher than that

For the record, I don't expect CW to turn into Mahomes bu you gotta take the home run swings when they present themselves ..can't be afraid to swing and miss

Settling for Lamar might get you into playoffs semi regularly but I have my doubts you're ever going to have sustained success with that type of QB play

Just my opinion 🤷

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just looking at the Top 8, you are almost assured 2 QBs, at least 2 WRs and probably 2 OTs but at least one for sure.

So then if someone feels they need to take/move up to take Jalen Daniel’s, plus that 2nd OT, and if Turner or Arnold (or both) and not to mention you could also have Odunze go ahead of him if a Team has a TE it doesn’t feel they are as important to their offense.

Going 10 or 11 for Bowers is absolutely not out of the question, especially since the Kyle Pitts pick keeps getting more and more ridicule

The risers in the QB draft have made it almost likely at this point that Wr2 or Bowers will be there at nine. Still think there's a decent chance the Bear trade back a couple picks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

f we didn't have the #1 pick sure I'd take Lamar Jackson but we do so I'm aiming for higher than that

You’re aiming higher than a 2x MVP? Higher than a guy who has never personally been under .500 as a starter, who’s team has made the playoffs 5/6 years you’ve been there (only missing when you were hurt the most). Having Won the division 3/6 years and averaging 11 wins per season? Ok we have gone off the deep end for sure. 

OR, or or or… are you maybe subconsciously realizing that it’s not just about a QB, it’s about having the most complete and deep roster to make Super Bowl runs. Because if you just want to be threatening for the playoffs every year, sure a Great QB can do that for you (or you could be in a Justin Herbert situation) but if you want to “aim higher than that” you need an entire team to do so, which we are most certainly not at this point

50 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean that’s textbook taunting. You may not like it, but it’s the rule

What he did was not so egregious to call that penalty in that moment.  He tossed a football by a guy…heaven forbid.

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

What he did was not so egregious to call that penalty in that moment.  He tossed a football by a guy…heaven forbid.

I’m not saying it was some shocking thing that we need to shield the youngsters eyes from. But spiking or spinning the football at your opponent could not be a more cut and dry taunting call

It was a stupid decision by Flowers, which seemed to be the result of the edge that the Ravens purposefully went into that game with (it cost them multiple times) which you just can’t do when going up against Patrick Mahomes and what has become one of the best Defenses in the league 

So can anyone explain why BAL abandoned the run game? Like who herebwould have guessed thr Ravens would only run it 16 times? That's not how the team is built, that's like telling Fields to throw it 40+ times.

Bizarre. If I saw them only run 16 times I'd assume they were in a 30 point shootout, not losing 10-17. That was terrible playcalling.

Jackson wasn't good but his playcaller screwed him bad.

• Like 1