2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

On 9/12/2023 at 11:39 AM, beekay414 said:

Honest question,

Why couldn't you like him? Just because he was a Packer? I'm not trying to be insulting here but two of my favorite QBs of the last 20 years were Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler. I even had a Grossman Bears jersey. 

I personally find him an interesting person.

I think he is obviously very smart.  But, there is something about him that is affecting his personal relationships.

Most people are married with kids at his age, especially star football players.   I know our culture is changing on that front of late.

Aside from long term relationships with opposite sex, what they aren't usually is estranged from their family.   I don't have all facts on whys so I am not judging.   But something obviously is an issue.

And I have found if everyone seems to eventually have a problem getting along with you, the problem isn't usually everyone else.  There is a common denominator.

I don't root against any particular player.   I just don't really hate anybody.  It isn't in me.  

I think a lot of people don't like Rodgers currently because of the whole vaccine thing and it has spilled into other things. 

That issue really divided people and still does for many.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I personally find him an interesting person.

I think he is obviously very smart.  But, there is something about him that is affecting his personal relationships.

Most people are married with kids at his age, especially star football players.   I know our culture is changing on that front of late.

Aside from long term relationships with opposite sex, what they aren't usually is estranged from their family.   I don't have all facts on whys so I am not judging.   But something obviously is an issue.

And I have found if everyone seems to eventually have a problem getting along with you, the problem isn't usually everyone else.  There is a common denominator.

I don't root against any particular player.   I just don't really hate anybody.  It isn't in me.  

I think a lot of people don't like Rodgers currently because of the whole vaccine thing and it has spilled into other things. 

That issue really divided people and still does for many.

His personality is either endearing or very off putting.  I can admire the virtuosity on the field and still think he's a hippie weirdo with the eating clay and all.  He truly seems like a mixed bag, on one hand I recall a story about how cool he was to a kid who was a Bears fan shopping in downtown Chicago at Christmas, but then there's also a billion podcast appearances where host and guest celebrate how free thinking they are by long-forming moronic facebook comments about disease control. I do know that a lot of Packers fans I know (from all walks of life and leanings) were frankly just sick of him wanting to be the center of attention.  Guessing calling his legacy "complex" is always going to be an understatement,  especially when you're comparing his football and congressional careers a few decades from now. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Watched MN game last night.  Say what you what about Brian Flores.  

That guy can flat coach defense.  He is innovative, has good game plans and hides terrible weaknesses as best as possible. 

I would hire him as my DC in a second.

If I'm Flores idk if I'd even sign with Chicago. Would he be better than Williams? 100% 

But I wouldnt think Chicago to be a place where he could do well enough to get a legit shot for a HC gig. I think this could only hurt his chances here.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If I'm Flores idk if I'd even sign with Chicago. Would he be better than Williams? 100% 

But I wouldnt think Chicago to be a place where he could do well enough to get a legit shot for a HC gig. I think this could only hurt his chances here.

Yeah idk why Flores would want to make a lateral move to a worse situation 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I don’t think he is coming to Chicago.  I was just admiring his coaching.  

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don’t think he is coming to Chicago.  I was just admiring his coaching.  

Oh I do too. He was one of the few defensive HCs I'd have even considered. He's just not dumb enough to come here was all I was saying. Lol

8 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Well if the Giants keep going the way they are they are in line for the 1st pick also.

They’re dogcrap too, but i don’t believe theyll be this bad all year long.  Cardinals may be playing above their level now, but i figure they’ll come back down to earth soon.  Need them to win as much as possible now before it’s too late.