2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just don’t understand what happens to this guy when he becomes a head coach…as an OC he is brilliant and I would argue that point with anyone…but it’s like when his title changes he just losing everything that makes him a quality OC…guess he just has his level.

Just like how Fangio and Wade Phillips were the perfect DCs for a new young offensive HC it seems McDaniels might be the same for a defensive HC. He might end up being the top paid OC when Jerod Mayo ends up getting his shot to be a HC. Or maybe someone like Quinn or Flores want someone with prior HC experience to make their job a bit easier as they run a CEO role too. 

But as a HC he just can't do it. 

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Just like how Fangio and Wade Phillips were the perfect DCs for a new young offensive HC it seems McDaniels might be the same for a defensive HC. He might end up being the top paid OC when Jerod Mayo ends up getting his shot to be a HC. Or maybe someone like Quinn or Flores want someone with prior HC experience to make their job a bit easier as they run a CEO role too. 

But as a HC he just can't do it. 

I think he ends up back in NE at some point...HC? Maybe not now...but as you said could he be the OC for a Flores or Mayo in NE? Would make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think he ends up back in NE at some point...HC? Maybe not now...but as you said could he be the OC for a Flores or Mayo in NE? Would make a lot of sense.

Part of me feels like Bill won't just retire but would step back into a full GM role. Still would be a massive reduction in responsibilities but allows him to save face from the recent poor team performance. 

Enter into 2024 with:

GM - Belichick

HC - Flores

OC - McDaniels

DC - Mayo

His sons Brian and Stephen probably move into more significant roles as Mayo moves up too. 

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Part of me feels like Bill won't just retire but would step back into a full GM role. Still would be a massive reduction in responsibilities but allows him to save face from the recent poor team performance. 

Enter into 2024 with:

GM - Belichick

HC - Flores

OC - McDaniels

DC - Mayo

His sons Brian and Stephen probably move into more significant roles as Mayo moves up too. 

I think that would be a win all round for the Pats and Kraft.

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Enter into 2024 with:

GM - Belichick

HC - Flores

OC - McDaniels

DC - Mayo

I was thinking the opposite: stay on as HC but allow Kraft to hire a GM

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just don’t understand what happens to this guy when he becomes a head coach…as an OC he is brilliant and I would argue that point with anyone…but it’s like when his title changes he just losing everything that makes him a quality OC…guess he just has his level.

He was best of the NE OCs.   He even made Mac Jones look like a stud in his rookie year, something no one has come close to doing since. 

Something just off about him apparently as a leader though.

I thought he would have learned.   He was still a baby in Denver and a lot of years went by.   

42 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I was thinking the opposite: stay on as HC but allow Kraft to hire a GM

I could see that. I think he would still want to have the final say like Parcells or Reid has had but the pay is good enough that I don't think they would struggle to find a long list of interested people to take on the role. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Fully guaranteed contract means he doesn’t need to do anything 

I think he just needs to reset himself honestly. Maybe some ayahuasca and a darkness retreat will do the trick. 

Edit - with no women on the retreat... for their safety. 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Remember when so many were bummed we missed out on Mike McGlinchey?

Im pretty glad we didn’t waste that Money

Russell Wilson could have been the QB of this team too. For as bad as things have gone for the Bears, things could have been much worse.

• Like 2