2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

In all fairness,  it's probably time to own up on being overconfident this summer about the Bears.  That did cool quite a bit once the OL all got final destinationed, but I was still a bit high on where the Bears were.  I will maintain that the coaching has been poor most of the season which hasn't helped, but in credit to STL it was too high.  Now the Vikings.... that one I got right but it's quickly transitioned into a existential terror that they're goign to tank, move Cousins, and draft Williams.

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

In all fairness,  it's probably time to own up on being overconfident this summer about the Bears.  That did cool quite a bit once the OL all got final destinationed, but I was still a bit high on where the Bears were.  I will maintain that the coaching has been poor most of the season which hasn't helped, but in credit to STL it was too high.  Now the Vikings.... that one I got right but it's quickly transitioned into a existential terror that they're goign to tank, move Cousins, and draft Williams.

I don't see any way Minnesota loses more games than Carolina, but time will tell

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don't see any way Minnesota loses more games than Carolina, but time will tell

Plus they already beat CAR, so if they tie then CAR drafts ahead of them (or CHI does with CAR's pick).

I think Minny catches fire to a degree. Cousins isn't great but is productive and has Jefferson and Co. They have a stretch with CHI, GB, ATL, DEN, CHI, and LAR which are all VERY winnable games for them. SF should smoke them and NO's defense might simply be too much for them to really compete, but Carr has only really done well against NE. 

13 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

They're in such an interesting spot.  Putting Jefferson on IR makes me think they're open to their season going eitehr way, and with a relatively secure front office I could see patience for a tank up there, and see them moving some of their players to make sure. 

Honestly I could see a couple teams (including the Bears and Minn ) getting towards the trade deadline and moving QBs to teams with an injury.  Cousins to NYJ would be unlikely but hilarious if you imagine Rodgers holding an Ipad for Kirk Cousins.  If Hurts goes down I bet Philly calls the Bears.  Let's hope not. 

Honestly, even ignoring the race for Caleb Williams/ #1, the race for Drake Maye/#2 is gonna be super competitive too...... Denver, Carolina, Raiders, Minnesota now, Arizona potentially, New York Giants..... There's just a ton of teams that look downright atrocious this year most of the time. Could probably also throw us into that mix as well.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Not sure if any of you guys will be withing the Baltimore game but they might have just gotten the worst PI foul called on them I have ever seen 😂

You mean the one where he prevented Hopkins from continuing his route. 

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

You mean the one where he prevented Hopkins from continuing his route. 

The defender has to have the same right for the ball and when he is jumping and trying to make that play that should never be a flag...no wonder fewer and fewer kids want to play on defence.