2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

On 10/30/2023 at 10:10 PM, CBears019 said:

Some team needs to save Davante Adams before the deadline.  He’s too damn good to be wasted by the Raiders.

Davante doesn’t get to be “saved” anymore. He wanted to be on the Raiders, now he gets no more sympathy after demanding to go to one specific franchise. 

Someone should have for sure gotten him at the Deadline (NFL is moving towards a modern day trade deadline, but at a snails pace) but again, he should have known the franchise/situation that he dictated

Speaking of the raiders, i just saw that former Bears exec Champ Kelly was named the interim GM there.  Glad he’s getting a shot, always heard good things about him when he was here.  Not there’s much you can do as an interim GM after the trade deadline, though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is why Poles and the rest of the league didn't want to touch Pickens...love the talent...but man he must be a nightmare to coach...posting this after a win and not only a win but one where he blew an easy TD grab is not a good look.

On a related note, Levis looked like 10x's the QB Pickett was even with PIT winning. I didn't like Pickett pre-draft and said he was grossly overrated after his rookie year. Glad I was right on that one at least. lol 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

On a related note, Levis looked like 10x's the QB Pickett was even with PIT winning. I didn't like Pickett pre-draft and said he was grossly overrated after his rookie year. Glad I was right on that one at least. lol 

Agreed I never understood why Pickett was viewed as a first round QB...truth be told sometime your going to get a class where no one deserves to go that high...

I said before the draft Levis reminds me of Cutler (still doesn't throw quite a nice a ball when not pressured)...he can throw it through a wall but at times he will trust it too much...I expect him to have a similar type of career long term.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed I never understood why Pickett was viewed as a first round QB...truth be told sometime your going to get a class where no one deserves to go that high...

I said before the draft Levis reminds me of Cutler (still doesn't throw quite a nice a ball when not pressured)...he can throw it through a wall but at times he will trust it too much...I expect him to have a similar type of career long term.

I wasn't even really impressed with his arm strength. He reminded me of Tannehill, that isn't really a complement or a diss either, he's a guys I'd have been happy to spend a late 3rd to 5th on to have a solid back up but never saw him as a starter.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I always felt like there was never anyone in that draft who was viewed as a 1st Rounder, and it was more of “if one QB goes in the first, it will be Pickett” because he was the most known quantity and the least likely to give you nothing. 

49ers just puddle stomped Jacksonville in every way. Embarrassing for them. 

Love actually made a lot of really good throws against Pitt.  They just wasted too many downs.  GB run defense lost that game. 

I kept fast forwarding in Ravens Browns because Ravens were blowing them out, but score changed all crazy each time.  Had to just stop and watch.  Browns trialed whole game and win at end.  Even though Watson was clearly playing hurt.  Crazy.  One thing that always bothers me.  Announcers said Watson has struggled coming to Cleveland and learning a new scheme.  Why on Earth would you ever make a highly successful vet QB learn a new scheme?  Make the coaches learn his scheme.  I never got that.  They even did that to Manning and Brady for a time before making it more hybrid.  

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Patriots offense is crazy bad.  Belichick is an absolutely terrible drafting GM and it caught up to him without a QB.  

Funny thing is if Pace drafts Mahomes he is the GM and locked in for 10+ years while Nagy is likely the HC justvas long, even when that Mahomes isn't as good as the Mahomes we know today.

Bill has been pretty bad after Brady left. Definitely expected a drop off but to see him stumbling like this makes thr GOAT Coach talks seem almost ridiculous. Idk. Maybe things rebound when he takes Little Josh back and they get a better QB.

• Like 1