2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

31 minutes ago, Epyon said:

They interviewed Getsy for their OC job. The presumption being they want info on Fields, and I am extremely skeptical Getsy was enthusiastically endorsing Fields after the pairing between them already got him fired once. Now I'd also doubt the raiders hire Getsy, so that's a shot whoever they do hire might still want Fields, but I can't see them being in the mix after interviewing Getsy. 

I wouldn't say the pairing got Getsy fired. Getsy sucking at his job was the bigger issue. Fields may not have been the beat match for him bit the tools were there to at least run a competitive offense, Getsy just was too dull to do it after his initial script ran out.

That being said I now want Roman hired in LV as the OC to get Fields there. What a weird match up. "Raiders, where if you ain't cheating you ain't trying, and home of the most athletic Pescatarian alive."

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't say the pairing got Getsy fired. Getsy sucking at his job was the bigger issue. Fields may not have been the beat match for him bit the tools were there to at least run a competitive offense, Getsy just was too dull to do it after his initial script ran out.

That being said I now want Roman hired in LV as the OC to get Fields there. What a weird match up. "Raiders, where if you ain't cheating you ain't trying, and home of the most athletic Pescatarian alive."

They'd love him there. Remeber those runs that ended in big hits where he gets up saying bring it on?  If he crushed a (vegan?) beer on his forehead would be the only way it could get better.  Makes sense to me.  All he needs is a murdered out 76 Cutlass to drive his little dog around in and they'd forget about the meatless stuff. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't say the pairing got Getsy fired

I mean there was a number of plays basically every single game where you could point to Getsy/scheme getting a guy open and Fields either not seeing, or just not throwing it.

I don't think either of them did the other any favors... Fields blatantly couldn't run the scheme at the Pace Getsy wanted, and Getsy was too stupid to just stick with what was kind of working at the end of last season, when going into this most recent one.

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

giphy.gif

I wish there was a way to have had Poles stay and snag Harbaugh. Oh well. Herbert should be the happiest guy in the league right now. Especially if Fangio comes with.

Was Poles and (presumably) Williams ever going to be a more appealing situation for Harbaugh than Herbert and (presumably) Harbaugh’s own choice at GM? I doubt it. Would Williams and his GM of choice have outweighed Herbert and his GM of choice? I would guess not. Our situation is a great one for a new HC, but for the cream of the crop candidate Harbaugh was, I just don’t see how our situation was ever not going to look second best to him. 

I thought I saw that Fangio was reportedly going to be the Eagles new DC.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Lol

To be fair, Harbaugh has been leveraging the idea of an NFL return on Michigan for years prior to this year, and that tweet was from November, before the COVID recruiting violation sanctions came down, and also before Harbaugh won a national title at Michigan. GG is strong willed and highly opinionated on a lot of things, but in this particular case circumstances changed drastically after he tweeted this. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Was Poles and (presumably) Williams ever going to be a more appealing situation for Harbaugh than Herbert and (presumably) Harbaugh’s own choice at GM? I doubt it. Would Williams and his GM of choice have outweighed Herbert and his GM of choice? I would guess not. Our situation is a great one for a new HC, but for the cream of the crop candidate Harbaugh was, I just don’t see how our situation was ever not going to look second best to him.

Hard to tell with Harbaugh. He seems like a sentimental guy who would jump on coaching his former NFL team. But he's also handled his career in a very calculated way.

Would George have ever fired Poles if Jim was on-board? Is having Harbaugh with his choice of GM better than having Poles + Flus?

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

To be fair, Harbaugh has been leveraging the idea of an NFL return on Michigan for years prior to this year, and that tweet was from November, before the COVID recruiting violation sanctions came down, and also before Harbaugh won a national title at Michigan. GG is strong willed and highly opinionated on a lot of things, but in this particular case circumstances changed drastically after he tweeted this. 

Part of that is fair.  Harbaugh used NFL interest to get more money okay.

But to confidently state and leverage your insider status to say that no team wants or wanted Harbaugh is what is laughable as Harbaugh just proved.  

I get different Bears commentators confused sometimes, but definitely noticed this guy is a donkey to anyone who disagrees with him.  

His opinions are fact.  If you disagree you are a moron and on and on.  

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I thought I saw that Fangio was reportedly going to be the Eagles new DC.

I doubt it as well. LAC having a proven stud at QB is hard to look away from, though just as there is a gamble on Williams there is a gamble with an unproven GM. If Harbaugh thought Poles was making some really solid moves then it could be viewed as the better of those two GM choices. All in all though, i agree LAC was the top spot. Didn't know about  the PHI-Vic connection until I already posted my comment though. I remember Desai being dropped but that's all I knew of their staff movement.

But I was also in the Harbaugh OR Ben Johnson camp. Do I think CHI would 100% have been a more ideal situation than WAS, absolutely. Chicago's roster, cap flexibility and the 1.1 pick? Not sure Ben would have even went to WAS for an interview.