Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

6 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Sure but at the end of the day a large portion of an evaluation should simply be raw ability. Arm talent. Mobility. Accuracy. That nature. 

Caleb Williams has that in spades. 

But he can’t really play within structure against decent defenses. That’s something I look at. 

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not sure why Caleb is generational but Maye isn’t. I think they’re pretty much neck & neck. 

I think Maye is better. Neither is generational. Lawrence was Generational. These guys are really good. 

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Giants might be another one worth mentioning. They were delusional to give Daniel Jones that contract and one can only hope they can get out of that without huge ramifications. We could see a quick turnaround in their scenario though, so I'm not quite as worried. 

Giants are delusional for paying Daniel Jones, sucking, then turning around and refusing to trade Saquon because he's the "face of the franchise". That team is going to sink so fast.

Also agreed on CLE and NO. CLE especially with Watson's contract only getting worse and worse. NO has a very small window and their QB situation is hell.

I'd also like to just casually mention that ATL wanting to roll with Desmond Ridder and not sacrificing for Lamar Jackson might go down as one of the worst blunders for a promising franchise you'll ever see. And I know some people will just say "oh he was never getting traded" - and I call 100% bs on that. There was a good period there where EVERY. SINGLE. RAVENS. REPORTER. was saying both sides were wanting a trade. Sure, they eventually came together but Lamar definitely could have been traded if a team was truly interested.

Anyways yeah the Giants are screwed and have no future lmao

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd also like to just casually mention that ATL wanting to roll with Desmond Ridder and not sacrificing for Lamar Jackson might go down as one of the worst blunders for a promising franchise you'll ever see. And I know some people will just say "oh he was never getting traded" - and I call 100% bs on that. There was a good period there where EVERY. SINGLE. RAVENS. REPORTER. was saying both sides were wanting a trade. Sure, they eventually came together but Lamar definitely could have been traded if a team was truly interested.

Jackson was never an option. For multiple reasons:

1) he was never getting traded. They were going to let other teams negotiate with him. 
2) those teams that did agree to an offer sheet with him would have had to lock up their cap space for the contract and put the entire contract into escrow accounts severely limiting operating cash. Falcons had something like 75M in cap space. They would have had around 25M left on the cap in that situation. 
3) building a defense with key FAs, sticking with Ridder and keeping their 2 1st round picks still has them at 4-4 and in the division lead. I see why they did what they did. Even if you don’t get it. You can make the “why didn’t they try to trade up for stroud argument?” That’s at least reasonable. But the Lamar one isn’t. 

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

But he can’t really play within structure against decent defenses. That’s something I look at. 

I think Maye is better. Neither is generational. Lawrence was Generational. These guys are really good. 

I don't think he necessarily needs to with those raw abilities, much as Mahomes didn't need to early on. I also think that issue is often negated at the NFL level (when you have arm talent) due to the spacing that offenses can create. x

Funny thing is, I viewed Lawrence as a fringe-at-best generational prospect. I'd personally say that up to this point that's about what we've gotten from him in the league. 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd disagree on Atlanta. Their window is wide open with how young that core is & they're just a marginal QB upgrade away from being the best team in that division. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the best team in the division with someone as good as Jacoby Brissett. 

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Giants are delusional for paying Daniel Jones, sucking, then turning around and refusing to trade Saquon because he's the "face of the franchise". That team is going to sink so fast.

Also agreed on CLE and NO. CLE especially with Watson's contract only getting worse and worse. NO has a very small window and their QB situation is hell.

They've been sunk for over a decade.  A fluke season where everything went right for them isn't going to change that.  The Giants are in for a rough ride until ownership changes.

6 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'd disagree on Atlanta. Their window is wide open with how young that core is & they're just a marginal QB upgrade away from being the best team in that division. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the best team in the division with someone as good as Jacoby Brissett. 

That's not saying much in a division where Derrick Carr is the best QB. 

6 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't think he necessarily needs to with those raw abilities, much as Mahomes didn't need to early on. I also think that issue is often negated at the NFL level (when you have arm talent) due to the spacing that offenses can create. x

Funny thing is, I viewed Lawrence as a fringe-at-best generational prospect. I'd personally say that up to this point that's about what we've gotten from him in the league. 

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.  Either you are a generational talent or you're not.  He's the best QB prospect I've seen since Andrew Luck and Luck might be the best prospect I've ever seen.  For as badly as the Colts destroyed Lucks career they should be forced to give the franchise back to Baltimore and act as the Ravens farm team.

I find it entertaining now on "Undisputed" the combo of Skip and Irvin being delusional when it comes to the Cowboys. Its in different ways though. Skip is more annoying. I have a soft spot for Irvin though. I love Michael Irvin. Played for the "U" in college and is very passionate. Sucks ESPN did what they did to him. But I love hearing him talk about anything really but mainly sports.

The delusion comes though that if you never seen the Cowboys play let alone know about them over the past 28yrs you would think they are the greatest team ever. Skip and Irvin is stuck in the mid 1990's. And poor Skip will talk about the Cowboys in the 1970s. These Cowboys arent the same as then. Jerry at the deadline wasnt even willing to pick up the phone to make phone calls to try to bring in guys. He literally wanted other teams to call him. But back when they were winning championships he was willing to make big moves regardless of trades or signing big name FAs. 

Now I dont know about the Cowboys fanbase in general. Again I just find it entertaining now. My stance on the Cowboys remain the same though. I dont care what they do or how they look in the regular season. They can go 17-0 blowing out every team in the process. Talk to me when the divisional round comes and they can finally win and get to the NFCCG. Then we can start to have a real conversation on the Cowboys Superbowl aspirations. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.  Either you are a generational talent or you're not.  He's the best QB prospect I've seen since Andrew Luck and Luck might be the best prospect I've ever seen.  For as badly as the Colts destroyed Lucks career they should be forced to give the franchise back to Baltimore and act as the Ravens farm team.

Caleb or TLaw?