Which Franchise is Most Delusional Right Now

brownie man

I'd have to say the most delusion franchise in the league right now is the Atlanta Falcons

I personally think they're playing themselves if they believe Desmond Ridder is the guy. I don't think he has the talent. 

They've literally just given him the spot. 

Unless they're secretly trying to tank to get Caleb Williams I don't get it. To only bring in Taylor Henicke in my opinion is negligent. 

The only thing I can think of is they're trying to build the offense around him to set it up for a future QB. Like how the Broncos and Jets have done for example. 

If they really believe he's the guy I think they're going to be sadly disappointed. Just like when they took Pitts when they should've drafted Fields. They were delusional about Matt Ryan. I think they're being just as delusional now. 

I'd say Raiders are number 2. I have no idea what they're doing. Letting Carr walk for free and signing Jimmy and only drafting Aiden O'Connell. 

Like you're deff tanking, but I would've liked to see some effort in the draft. Like they could've at least drafted a QB with some talent like a Clayton Tune. O'Connell ain't isn't a starting level NFL qb. 

53 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I don't know if delusional is the right word, but I don't understand why the saints still act as a win now team.... Their window was closed a few years ago

With their division, why not try?

Chip and a chair

What makes the Raiders delusional? We've given up and gone full Patriots West and the upper limit of expectations is basically Houston during the BOB years (like 2014 with Ryan Fitzpatrick as Jimmy, Davante as Deandre, Maxx as Watt, Jacobs as Foster, and the rookie as rookie Clowney).

• Like 2

How is this thread not directly linked to the NY Jets. A declining Aaron Rodgers comes in and all the sudden they are talking AFC Championship? I understand they weren't terrible, but they are feeling themselves a little much, IMO.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I don't know if delusional is the right word, but I don't understand why the saints still act as a win now team.... Their window was closed a few years ago

Yeah but they’re like the Steelers to me. Content with being good even if they’re not SB contenders. Neither has the roster to win titles, but they’re going to be a good team.

I personally would tear things down with the hopes of a rebuild in the mold of a title contender, but there is merit to being rock solid every year too. 

• Like 1